The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I never new it would happen this way  (Read 526 times)

Masterjack

I never new it would happen this way
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:09:38 pm »
So my son in-law gets a new job working full time in the field he went to school for. An amazing feat in it's self. Any way I'll get to what I want to say.

My Son in-law comes up to me and says "I brought you a computer from work that is not working as well as it should. I told them my father in-law loves playing with computers and I'm sure he would love to look at it." I quickly get up, looked at the computer, found out what was wrong and gave them two options on how they might want to fix the issue. Out of the two options they picked the more expensive one and told him to have me fix it and they will cut a check for the repairs.

I have always wanted to get paid to fix a computer. I just never thought it would happen this way. Usually it is a friend in need who asks for help.

My question is once I get paid to do it can I call my self a professional computer repair person?

The following users thanked this post: Dorax Windsmith, Hellblazer, Xiaobeibi

Lance Stargazer

Re: I never new it would happen this way
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 05:13:12 pm »
*grins*  You got me scared for a moment .

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 09:57:47 pm »
Har! Maybe more like 'shade tree mechanic'? That's about my level of comp savvy, anyway.

Guardian 452

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 12:04:21 am »
I was told by my bud, Drosk (who always fixed what I screwed up) that I knew just enough to be dangerous when it came to the stuff inside a PC, LOL  :P
I did my share of upgrading parts in MY PC's and even taking the old parts and making PC's from them for my girls, mother, etc.

anything