The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I realy wish...  (Read 136 times)

bobby1361

I realy wish...
« on: November 12, 2007, 02:33:39 am »
I havn't been back layo'ing very long but i wish there wereGM quests english time (GMT)
Since i came back there have been none on.
I have met some gms and been watched by them (hope you enjoyed it)but i wish there were quests going on at times i can get on, but there doesn't seem to be.

Thanks for the dwarf skeletons they were fun, would be good butlers.
Anyway this is just me slightly ranting.
You can ignore this if you wish.

Leanthar

Re: I realy wish...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 06:28:26 am »
Interesting observation. I know that within the past several months many plot quests have been run during the GMT time. We are limited in what we can do but each GM does run events at their time schedule unless they are busying running CDQ or WLDQ's which tend to be at the players schedule (within reason).

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 08:36:00 am »
Look at the December calendar. I'm pretty sure my next series will fall into a workable time for "GMTers."

bobby1361

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 12:04:19 pm »
I sure hope so, i only just got back into layo'ing and hope to join some GMs on a quest :)

Lynn1020

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:26:42 pm »
It seems often there are GM's on watching and when they see rp they drop in and do a mini quest then.  I personally like those they best!  They can be refreshing and change things up a bit.  :)  So don't just watch the calender for quest.  A quest could happen at any time. ;)

Black Raven

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 12:26:49 pm »
    Eh? you've been back what, a week? and already generalize that there's slim to no GMT quests, which is unture. Ok ,I'm not sure where this is coming from, seeing as just today there are two quests both morning/noon and evening times.

True, compared to the quests that are past midnight, meaning the "american" time quests, us Euro/GMT'ers are at loss, but speaking as someone that been playing for a long time, and been to many servers I can tell you that Layo has had more weekly GMT quests than any other place.

Not to mention the fact that we also have a lot of Improp quests that my PC has been into in the typical GMT hours. (GMT +3 10:00 am, 14:00 pm etc...)

There have been at least 3-5 quests for around my time, raging from around noon, to evening hours. I think that's more than one could ask for, no? They are mostly for spread level range, maybe 1-2 that are closed/bubbled/needs before hand introduction but still enough for the week.

That's what I tell my nwn buddies from other servers, one of the things I brag about is that layo, unlike many other PW's isn't restricted or dead for Euro hours ['cept around 13:00 - 16:00, which 6 months ago wasn't a so dead time either].

So maybe you just need to play a bit more, get the hang of the server and layo colander for a few more days/weeks.

At my early months of playing, I couldn't get into a single quest for at least a solid two months before I got myself more personalized with layo-time.

ycleption

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 12:33:26 pm »
    Yeah, it took me a couple months before I was able to go on my first DM quest, and another month or two before the second... and then I went on three within a week.
    So don't worry, you may have to wait a bit, but be patient, and quests will come your way...

(and, remember, DM's often drop in on player events, so organize one...)

bobby1361

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 01:39:53 pm »
    Well I have school and things.I share this coputer with my mum (the computer for myself isn't connected to the internet yet) so I don't get as much time on as  i would like.