The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ideas  (Read 2567 times)

Gulnyr

Ideas
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 03:29:13 pm »
I want to apologize for my previous post's tone.  I shouldn't have been so sarcastic.  I think going to extremes is ridiculous, and completely canceling in-character consequences qualifies as an extreme, but that doesn't excuse my knee-jerk post.

ystrday

Ideas
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 04:25:55 pm »
I have played on this server when the SM was on "vacation", and now with her alive and kicking. Being on this server for over 4 years like some here we have seen alot of people leave the server when they're character permed, or afraid to log on and travel afraid of their character perming.

I believe the team has tried to help people save their characters with the graceful plea system. My suggestion for the GP's, when it comes to asking soul strands returned not to be so specific. We all have 3 graceful pleas to use, and if we want to use it to return a SS, why all the specific information?

I could see if it was for a character rebuild, or swapping of feats. But if GP's are used for SS return, it should be, I the player would like Character A to use 2 GP's to return 2 soul stands. From what it appears now you need to answer all the 5 W's before you will be even considered to have them returned.

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 04:37:32 pm »
I agree on ystrday's idea on the GP's for SS's.  I think if someone wants to pass in 3 GP's for 3 ss's, so be it.  Whether they lost them for whatever reason, if they want to use them for a ss return, then go for it.  It's a limited amount of times it can be done anyways.

That being said, I still vote in favor of keeping the SM.

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 04:59:26 pm »
I've played on another server briefly were there was no permadeath system...you lost coin and xp only.  I left for a number of reasons including lack of rp but this one incident stuck in my head:  I saw this guy running through a really dangerous crypt filled with traps and died while in mid jog after running through the third trap.  It was bizzare and made the world seem less real to me.

I like the death token system but we need more tokens.  I say give everyone 20 instead of 10 and keep the GP system (like ystrday with no W's).  Those who have permed in the past can be brought back to life through some world changing event.

Another option which can be implemented with the above or by itself would be a feat that can be taken.  Slippery Soul:  Upon death you get to re-roll your soul mother roll if you fail it the first time.

Just some ideas

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 05:59:36 pm »

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudonym
               View Post

4. More positions for characters! Ongoing responsibilities! Ability to change the world! I know this has been gone over numerous times elsewhere ... don't think there is an easy answer and I understand the lore books are to be released at some point and lore needed to be crystallized at some point and for various dramas lore has had to be re-written but it is a little demoralizing. I think Acacea has written about it elsewhere, all the challenges of the world are these new things that for whatever reason weren't a danger to everyone last week? WLDQs especially. I don't want to go into the ins and outs of all the WLDQs of the last few years but prior to Blood's fall the WLDQs run seemed to affect existing plots and people ... now it seems as if each WLDQ tackles a newly introduced foe so as to not affect existing lore? Fenrir's mithril-eating Balamti? Never heard of them prior to his WL. Daniella's unhappy God. Was it a concept that was created for her WLDQ? Alandric's child of chaos? Never read about him in lore. If other WLs agree, maybe this topic is better taken into the WL forum for dissection?

5. Re-attachment of DTs. Again, it's been spoken about to death elsewhere ... but again I keep coming back to how many of those players/characters now gone due to their character perming would have remained versus those people who remained because of the existing DT system? I'd put money down that the former is more numerous than the latter. Ark is on 9 tokens, if/when he loses No 10, there (most probably) goes yet another player.

These two things I believe is most important... Especially nr 4...

Surely make the price for reattaching strands high, and surely make the bar of entry high for the player possitions. But really try to change these two things and I believe that getting players to stay, especially new ones will be easier. Granted that the leaders elected are able to keep things dynamic for the organizations they lead.

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 06:01:00 pm »
Another idea is to have the SMD roll not happen upon Death but after a certain time period or after respawn.

Erik K

Ideas
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 06:44:22 pm »
just a few thoughts;

1.  I don't think it's actually code-able to go in the red in game, true wise.

why not give a character a non removable token, that works like a reverse quest?   you get the token, its worth a certain amount of negative gold, that gets deducted from your inventory.  when the amount is reached, the token does an auto destruct and you get to go psoitive again.  at the same time,  the token would serve as a reminder while you are replacing the lost gold and xp, that there are consequences to dying.

2.  So this isn't an RP world anymore, where RP is the key feature and is intended to pervade all aspects? It's just Diablo with more classes and a writing exam to play? I missed the memo.

to be honest, I appreciate your passion for this, but the way I see it, this server ~needs~ to have a large base of people with different styles.  some are imersive RPers, some are just casual players, but they all add somthing to the server.  even more important, while they may be people that may suck at RP, somones version of it or even just driuve you crazy.  they may also be important to people that you do like and enjoy having on this server.  the social networks here are a lot like a web, you pull one strand and you leave a glaring hole.

3.  layo has changed

yep, when I first came to this server, it was exciting and wide open.  I could not believe it, I had seen worlds, where static was the rule and nothing changed.   I could not believe it when I  first heard of layo.  saddly though, that seems to be the direction Layo is going.   when I was a PnP player, we called it falliing in love with youre world or plot line.   DM's would stop taking feed back and just run with an idea and/or refuse to change things, till people got bored, frustrated and left of revolted, no matter how good the initial premise was.  

why is this important in the long run for the MMO?  folks this is your chance to practive your managmenet styles and customer satisfaction before walkinginto the big leagues.  the way I see it, layo is in compteition for players with other servers, like Aerlith (huge base) and amia, just to mention a few and this is a  great time to see what works and what doe not when it comes to keeping player happy and on line.  I would really love to see this succede, but it seems like the world  has become static and changes are like pulling teeth these days.  I can accept the idea that there is not perfect world and you have likely have a deluge of requests for change, so I dont envy your choices.  but it also seems like the player base is dropping significantly and you have a lot of unhappy players, so it seems like change is necessary.

Lynn1020

Ideas
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 06:57:28 pm »

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorganath
               View Post

Perhaps you would enlighten us on how they deter death on that server?

Nothing happened if you are raised.  If you respawn you loose gold, xp and taken to where the last place you bind.

Edited to add:  I should add that I totally agree that there should be a consequences for dying.  I just do not think losing your character should be it.  Some are really lucky with the roll against the SM others are not.

Dorganath

Ideas
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 08:24:38 pm »

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn1020
               View Post

Nothing happened if you are raised.  If you respawn you loose gold, xp and taken to where the last place you bind.

What sort of quantities are we walking about?  Also, is it possible to lose a level by the XP loss?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMaurer
               View Post

I hesitate to even consider making any suggestions, because the leadership of this server thinks I dislike them (in truth, my only quibble is the tendency to take every bug-report as a personal insult).

I only have one quibble...making conclusions based on incorrect assumptions.

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 08:34:38 pm »

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik K
               View Post

just a few thoughts;

1.  I don't think it's actually code-able to go in the red in game, true wise.

why not give a character a non removable token, that works like a reverse quest?   you get the token, its worth a certain amount of negative gold, that gets deducted from your inventory.  when the amount is reached, the token does an auto destruct and you get to go psoitive again.  at the same time,  the token would serve as a reminder while you are replacing the lost gold and xp, that there are consequences to dying.

2.  So this isn't an RP world anymore, where RP is the key feature and is intended to pervade all aspects? It's just Diablo with more classes and a writing exam to play? I missed the memo.

to be honest, I appreciate your passion for this, but the way I see it, this server ~needs~ to have a large base of people with different styles.  some are imersive RPers, some are just casual players, but they all add somthing to the server.  even more important, while they may be people that may suck at RP, somones version of it or even just driuve you crazy.  they may also be important to people that you do like and enjoy having on this server.  the social networks here are a lot like a web, you pull one strand and you leave a glaring hole.

3.  layo has changed

yep, when I first came to this server, it was exciting and wide open.  I could not believe it, I had seen worlds, where static was the rule and nothing changed.   I could not believe it when I  first heard of layo.  saddly though, that seems to be the direction Layo is going.   when I was a PnP player, we called it falliing in love with youre world or plot line.   DM's would stop taking feed back and just run with an idea and/or refuse to change things, till people got bored, frustrated and left of revolted, no matter how good the initial premise was.  

why is this important in the long run for the MMO?  folks this is your chance to practive your managmenet styles and customer satisfaction before walkinginto the big leagues.  the way I see it, layo is in compteition for players with other servers, like Aerlith (huge base) and amia, just to mention a few and this is a  great time to see what works and what doe not when it comes to keeping player happy and on line.  I would really love to see this succede, but it seems like the world  has become static and changes are like pulling teeth these days.  I can accept the idea that there is not perfect world and you have likely have a deluge of requests for change, so I dont envy your choices.  but it also seems like the player base is dropping significantly and you have a lot of unhappy players, so it seems like change is necessary.

I'm pretty sure that even with an item, you can't get the system to show you a -78 gold for example. It's how the system for the gold is.

I did think of something.

Let's keep the SM, but!

let it starts only at level 15, with a few more strand that it has now. And let's reduce the chances of getting one on the rolls. This way, yes you still have a chance to get one, but a smaller one. And you get to keep you character longer. Happy middle ground?

But truly I think that what once made layo unique is this. There was a time where seeing a week filled with quests or events were the norms. And I'm not just talking of a quest or event a day, but many a day during the weeks. The Gm base hasn't really shrunk, from what I remember. But what they have to do has tripled which in the end, makes them less available to do the GMing stuff.

Second, I know it's been talked about, and I know there has had a good amount of work put into it, due to lore changes. But trash the two starting point. Bring back only one starting point, and if it can't be Hlint. Set it up at the Stormcrest.

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 08:54:27 pm »
With Milty's example of the three different kinds of gamers, I agree.  I think I used to be more of a casual player, and over the time I've been here have become more of an event rp'er.

It's still fun on occaision to look over and say "holy cow!  I'm actually getting xp for this!"  and yes, when getting close to that next level I still get that desire to go and get the leveling done.  However, the amount of xp that triggers the "must go get xp to level" feeling has gotten smaller and smaller.  Where it used to be "Oh, it's only 150k, I can get that easy this week." it's more of a "oh wow... I only need 15k.  That sort of snuck up on me."  I personally would like to see less xp for killing creatures and more xp for rping.  I would like to see more PC driven activities and more available lore.  When asking a question on attempting to do something in character, rather than getting a flat answer of "no, you can't do that" I would prefer to get answers such as "Well, that doesn't fit with Lore... but this does, would this work?"  I know that the book is coming out with all of the stuff that we want, but, like the MMO, we don't know when.  I don't think that giving a little more information now will hurt book sales.  Personally, I want to buy the book to have it on hand for reference.

lonnarin

Ideas
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 12:06:59 am »
Now steering this back to the original topic of the post, not one on death tokens, but on player enjoyment/retention, what I'd like to see and what would keep butts in the seats for the big show....

Bring back Goblin submissions.

Why so specific?  Because I have no less than 4-5 veterans an newcomers itching to make goblins right now for our tribe.  I have a weekly player event hunting group scheduled on the calendar with attendance numbers rivaling the actual GM quests.  I have a crew of awesome RPers who turn out every Friday night for our hunt, eager to join in the tribe officially, who are only stopped by the temporary ban on monstrous races from doing so.  And the tribe NEEDS them.  We are consistently just 1-2 active goblin characters short of forming an official guild that could be remedied with just 2 approvals and 6 character levels each.  I am EXCITED about this!

Nonac, Mangle, Grovel, Frakk, Frakk II, Green, Deacon, Eyebite.  We need to band together and make that official group!  We need to get on the ball, do the paperwork and get our names in the history books!  We have the energy, the drive, the RP and the party cohesion to really turn some heads right now.  We NEED to get organized.  

This is moreso what WE need to do than what the team needs to help with.  We need to use the player calendar to organize hunting parties, request Group CDQs to get our legacy truly out there, and pursue goals which advance our race worldwide.  Every time we throw this weekly event we have at least 4 goblins and around the same number of tallfolk who tell us they wish they could make goblins right now joining us.  Just like the Toranite alliance, this is an up and coming force that needs to be reckoned with.  Allowing for active recruitment of both veteran and new players would greatly help our cause... but I call upon all goblinkind, orcbloods and savage, naturey types to join us now and make this pipe-dream a reality.  We WILL be recognized, respected, feared and loved, by any means necessary!  *raises a tiny green fist*

And to my fellow Toranites, lets form an official guild.  And to my fellow Czukay Mansion dwellers, let's make an official guild!  And to the Dwarven Army, we have the guild hall, we have the numbers, lets do the paperwork!  Lets get official.  Let's turn some heads, change the world ourselves and shine as a beacon for others to join us, newcomers and bored veterans alike!

How can the team help us in this task?  For one, I'd like to see us green little monsters back on the table.  We're ready, we're willing, we're active.  I have 4 recruits definitely ready to make the leap into the submissions forum, just that they can't because new submissions are currently on hold.  I have at least every Friday primetime scheduled with good numbers showing that says we are entertaining, we get people playing, we make a difference.  One druid who showd up tonight made his character 4 years ago, and is ecstatic that he finally has an awesome group to team up with to finally surpass level 8-9ish.  People are wary throwing scheduled Friday Night Quests because they understand at least half the active timeslot is already with us.  And almost 1/3 the time we meet up, our awesome GM team pops in and helps make things interesting with impromtus and extra spawns around our hunts.

So what would please me greatly and help keep butts in the seats?  Let the goblins flow.  This is equally a request of all those active goblinkind in game and the team itself.  We're ready to step up.  Those heads, they are a-turning, so lets put on a show!

I'd like guilds to not need to have expensive guildhalls and dues to form.  Raising a large amount of money is a tough task, making a permanent guildhall for us to meet is stress on both us and the administrative team who would need to design and grant that hall, and the building teams resources which are better spent elsewhere.  Let us be brotherhoods, without the real estate.  We're wild anyhow.  Nature needs no building, in fact it is rather counter-intuitive to our ethos.  We are the horde.  We need neither lands, nor titles, nor real estate.  All we need is numbers, effort and conviction.

On that note, could we get an official greenskin forum group despite not having an official guild?  It would help us correspond with our folks across seas in different timezones, and organize our events.  I'd love to help administrate an official Wargpack forum for our loyal, greenskinned and green-allied players.

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 01:31:08 am »
I wasn't going to chime in, but I never really thought about making a monstrous character, nothing besides Halflings to be honest, since they're my favorite race. But being able to be a part of a group of the same race would be awesome, it would give me something that I would want to be a part of and give me a reason to play. I remember first becoming a part of the Angel's guild, trips were abundant, at least someone was in the guildhall at all times, now, it's just kind of slowed. Most of my favorite guild members have died off and there's not much going on, and that is partially due to my inability to initiate any trips or anything, I know and I don't blame anyone. But being able to be a part of the Wargpack would bring some excitement and belonging. Don't get me wrong, I love being a part of the Angel's Guild, but I wouldn't mind giving another group a try and see what it's like! Is the server waiting for something to happen in order for goblin races to be applicable again?

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 07:21:41 pm »
Going to post here while this thread is still luke-warm.  I do think the Death System is needed to keep play realistic, fun and heart-pumping.

I think the number of SS's should be moved from 10 to 20.  I don't know how the team originally came up with the number 10, but I don't think it was mandated by the gods.  For as much as most of us play it can be pretty easy to get up to 10 quickly.  Even if you're sitting at 7-9 it drastically affects your play style.  The thing is you have alot of established characters with much time invested that are fairly high level (say 15-40 level), but they have either already perm'd or they are sitting on 7-9 and difficult to play like that.  In other words, right about the time you get your character seasoned and start to fall in love with them, they become difficult to play because they are so close to being perm'd.  A move to 20 would help this greatly IMO, and would still keep things realistic and give consequences to death.  It would also alow perm'd characters and close-to-10 characters a chance to return adding to the player base.

Another idea that I just thought of was to take the randomness out of the Soul Mother roll.  Just say on your 20th death you lose a SS; on your 40th death you lose a SS; etc, etc.  That way we are all on the same playing field, and know one feels cheated by the dice.  When I say 20th death, that could be changed based on the percentage you chose (20th death basically equates to each death representing a 5% dig into one of your SS's).

Also, I agree that GP's for SS returns should be no questions asked.

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2010, 06:33:10 am »
I don't often post in these discussions, but I feel that there is a chance that Layo may actually change now.  It needs to be refreshed, or dwindle and fade away.

Quests are the best thing about Layo.  Better then anywhere else and what make Layonara unique.  So we need more, General Quests, Series Quests, Plot Quests, CDQs, WLDQs, and impromptu quests.  I really like attend character development quests and impromptu's.  To me these seem to be focused on the roleplay and in-character the most, there is a reason the party is together, and the quest is just an extension of what they were doing, but with GM interaction.

The rest of the Layonara experience you can find on other NWN servers. Mechanically NWN-Layo is old and clunky with repetitive gameplay, its difficult for new players to start, to explore the world, to travel and interact with other players.  Other servers have looked at these kind of problems and developed their own solutions (go have a look a some of the other really good worlds). But get them into a quest series and I think they may get hooked.  I've been trying to get my local gaming group to join. After I told them of the great quests I had been on, and the adventures, four people showed interest.  One fizzled early. One is still trying to learn NWN.  Two managed to submit characters.  One managed to get through submission and into the game.  However, he found a big empty world and only played one weekend a few months ago.  None actually got to taste a quest.

On the Soul Mother...

I think the soul mother roll should not happen on death, only on respawn.

Risking SS loss would become a choice by the player. This would fundamentally change the penalty for death but still have a good in character reason for why the system works as it does.  Cleric and raise dead would then make sense. Travelling in groups makes sense.  All good for the server.

As I understand it: dying three times in a row (within a time limit) forces you to respawn.  Thus, this would prevent reckless behaviour.

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2010, 11:57:58 am »
I think this has been mentioned before... but I think a new "Hlint" would help as well.  A smaller area that has everything. Where everyone starts out and has to pass through.  Hempstead is  spread over what...  five or six screens?  When the starting point was in Hlint.. there was almost always someone there to help new players.  Now when new players start there is no one in sight due to being so spread out.

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2010, 05:04:30 pm »
This is purely based on your LORE and fuzzy memories of trying this server out two or three years ago under a different name, but isn't there an epic feat you can take once to get soul strands back?

So if you're thinking of ways to be more generous with the strand system without losing it, what if the number gained with the feat was reduced to, say, 3, but you could take the epic feat multiple times? Or keep the bonus five feat and add another that can be taken multiple times that gives back 2?

That might give characters the chance for more longevity at a dear cost (losing an epic feat each time, which can really hurt)

If my information is off, sorry, trying to go by forums and LORE

Unknown User

Ideas
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2010, 05:14:26 pm »
No, you're right. We have the feat called soul mother defense that you can take starting level 21. It's a pretty interesting Idea you proposed there.

Dorganath

Ideas
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 01:10:43 am »
I'm not going to go into specifics, but there are things we've been working on, on and off, for several months related to at least a couple of the points above.  I would have liked to have them out already, but for reasons I won't list, only some of which have anything to do with me and/or my split attentions between NWN and the MMO (because I hear that complaint a lot), it has taken a lot longer to get them in place.

I'm not going to apologize for this delay. I'm not going to claim it will solve all or even any of the perceived ills that have been mentioned on and off over the last many months. Several people have contributed to what I hope to release in the coming weeks, and a lot of attention is being put into trying to make it as right and as good as possible, and most importantly...better.

I know there hasn't been an update in a long time, and I know that you all both like them and start to worry when there isn't anything new, fixed or whatever.  I also know that some of you think NWN Layo has been all but abandoned because of the MMO, and I want to tell you that is simply not true.

That's it.  Nothing more to say. Keep talking. *gestures vaguely*

Pibemanden

Ideas
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 02:24:33 am »
Stormcrest, Hlint V3?! Suggestion

This post should first and foremost be read as a suggestion and nothing else, however it is appearant from many discussions now that V3 really lacks something for bringing the community together across the west server. The problem is boiled down, while the idea of an evil starting town and a good starting town are fine on paper, the dwindling server population makes it very hard to sustain a PC population in either town. Furthermore the good starting town(Hempstead) is so large that finding people inside the town is rather hard, unless you want to wander every corner of several areas.

My suggestion is to scrap the idea of two starting towns for NWN and reintroduce it in the MMO when the number of people playing is likely to increase. Instead introduce Stormcrest as a new starting location and a player hub. The changes I am going to suggest are going to be divided into three levels, level 1 are nessesary changes and easy changes which might as well be added, level 2 is harder to implement but should definatly be considered to add to the player experience and level 3 is even more difficult to inplement and would fall under the catagory of being nice but not really needed. So to the suggested changes:

Level 1
  • Change the porting location from the Eye of the Storm to Storm Crest, really a no brainer everyone should start here as per original suggestion.
  • Remove the Hempstead and Vehl neutral bindstones, add Storm Crest bindstone. To make respawning mean that you can sit and RP instead of just appear in a random empty town(This requires of course that people really embrace Storm Crest as a hub though).
  • Make the Stormcrest area bigger, add another place to sit shielded a little bit from the main sitting place which should still be the fireplace or something similar. Simply to make it so that if you want a little privacy that would also be possible without everyone in the area being able to see you.
  • Change the Hempstead Fields -> Hempstead transition to Hempstead Fields -> Dapplegreen outskirts below the small pond in the area. Making it so that Wayfare and Hempstead are as close as Wayfare and Stormcrest in terms of transitions.
  • Add a Belinara style guard to the area to discourage any crazy pvp behaviour in the area, reasoning behind the guard is that the bar hired him to make the area safe from threats.

Level 2
  • Remove the Point Harbour crafthall from the module and add a small crafting house to Stormcrest. The Stormcrest crafting house should have, gem cutting stone, gem grinding stone, mineral bath, public forge, weapon crafting anvil, armor crafting anvil, tailors dummy, tailor table(if it is called that), tanning rack, curing tub, carpenters bench, arrow making, tinkers furnance, tinkers device and customizations looms. The reason for removing the Point Harbour crafthall is that it is really within a couple areas of two other crafthalls(Hempstead and Vehl) so it isn't really needed from a strick gameplay view on the world.
  • Make the Stormcrest bar a bit bigger, adding bakers oven, farmers press and a mill(Can't remember the name atm.) to the bar, no brewing since the bar needs true generated from ale sale :P .
  • Another bar change: Find someone who has a working set of dart rules(So far I know of Nyyanas rules and Kyle Pandorns Rules). Get their permission to post the rules in the module and make a poster or something inside the bar next to the dart target there(I am pretty sure it is there).
  • Find someone to write a new paper and add it to the dragons whispers paper boy. I could personally do it if the formatting is easy and I don't really have to submit more than an issue a month or less. Just make use of the very nice system we have in place already. I am sure that PNP would embrace this idea, if not then just forget about it.
  • Move the ox merchant to Stormcrest and have him close to the crafting house with a small enclosure for the PC oxes. All the crafts(low level crafts with high weight components glass making, smithing etc.) you want to use an ox for transporting should be included in the craft house suggestion so this could be a way to avoid too many oxen staying inside Vehl and Hempstead.
  • Add some more fishing spots to Stormcrest, just for the fun of having fishing there really.
  • Move the nature merchant from Hempstead to the nature in Stormcrest and make her sell the basic potions/healing kits
Level 3
  • Add a small training area for sword fighters with a portal that costs like 50gp to a smaller version of the Vehl arena, and of course by extension add a smaller version of the Vehl arena to the module. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get rid of the Vehl arena it just simply just too clunky for good RP outside having real fighting tournaments. The new area doesn't need to be balanced for fighting like the Vehl arena is at all, it simply just needs to provide a nice area where fighters can train their skills. The small training area can be a small fenced place with a few hitable training dummies, and really serve as the only addition as long as it is a little bit of way from the campfire.
  • Add a Package master style quest to the area and remove the original package master quest. Reasoning, familiarize new players to the server in general by having them going from town to town on the west server so they can begin to learn their way around.
  • Remove the kobold cave in Silk Wood and add a cave to the Kobold camp outside Hempstead. Maybe just move the cave entirely, no changes needed really except maybe replacing the bugbears with something else. The CNR should move as well adding semi easy to access low level CNR close to the starting location.
  • Add a new bindstone in the forest down by Vehl in the encampment which is there. This should be to cater monstrous races who doesn't want to spawn weak inside a heavy PC populated area and instead favours a more dark place.
  • Remove the barn in the Hempstead fields and replace it with the Wayfare portal exit. Reasoning behind this is to avoid that dark elves and the like port right into a densely populated area, and furthermore making the portal entry area less of a hang out area and more as a port in and move on area, as Morakens Tower used to be back in V2.
  • Add a special merchant to the area who doesn't sell all kinds of stuff, just basic crafting things(Chisels, tinkers tools etc. but NOT salt and sugar, gum arabic or anything else that can be picked up/made by low level PC's) basic weapons(all swords, a hickory club and so forth not a full supply either), basic armor(Just some leather armor and maybe a little copper armor), basic boxes etc.

Of course these suggestions are by no means so closely related that some of them can't be chosen and others left out. They are not perfect either by any means so therefor a short bit of pro's and con's of them.

Pros
  • There would be one hub for starting players and smalltime crafters, making it easier to find someone to RP with
  • The location suggested is rather close to two open housing portals, and one portal to a higher level area, making it a good starting and ending location for trips. Ending location because it is also close to the Wayfare portal exit.
Cons
  • All the guilds are going to be quite a bit a way from the starting area, not as much as in V2 though but doing business with them would defiantly be a little harder than it is now for people with access to Hempstead.
  • It will add a bit of server load to implement some of the suggestions

So this was a lot of writing, I hope that people liked the suggestions