The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: An Xmass gift for Leanthar  (Read 199 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

RE: An Xmass gift for Leanthar
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 12:36:00 pm »
Hey, I'm about as un-christian as one can get, and I still go to the family get-togethers 'round the end of Decembre. The modern "holiday spirit" has become more than a religious thing, it's part of our culture.   Wow. Me, culturally tolerant?  Anyway, Leanthar definately needs more Leanthar-stuff. Just like Stephen needs more Stephen-stuff...

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 07:52:00 am »
The "make a donation" button is right under server stats in the lower right of the navbar.  

Right there *points*

You can just click on it and make a donation through pay pal (thats what I do at least.... I think there's mailing information there too.)

If someone has access to cheap hardware that they would want to donate they should get in touch with L and see if there's anything that would be of use.

I think it would probably be best if we all just donated individually than trying to coordinate a big thing.  That way were more likely to follow through if we can do it ourselves when we're thinking of it ;)  Heck, donate now, before christmas, in the spirit of christmas... before you run out of money for christmas!

Ideally we should make it so that L doesn't have to pay anything to run the servers.  But if we can't do that lets at least make it so he doesn't have to pay a couple months around christmas.

-TV

Tedulas

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005, 07:57:00 am »
    A christmas gift is more about thought...I think cards SHOULD be sent, because he knows that we enjoy what L has done, and also we will support him if he needs it also.
    I think some donations will do as well, because that is thoughtful as it can help him in anyway L wants, he may want something that he desperatly wanted for ages...

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2005, 08:09:00 am »
    Tedulas - 10/20/2005  8:57 AM

A christmas gift is more about thought...I think cards SHOULD be sent, because he knows that we enjoy what L has done, and also we will support him if he needs it also.
    I think some donations will do as well, because that is thoughtful as it can help him in anyway L wants, he may want something that he desperatly wanted for ages...

Donations at the moment are only covering a portion of the server and bandwidth costs that it takes to keep layonara running.

Layo's server fees are hundreds of dollars a month.

There have been (I think) only a handfull of months where donations have acctually covered the whole amount.  The rest (probably the majority of the cost) Leanthar has paid our of his own pockets.  I don't think a lot of people realize this...

About a year ago L said he would have to shut down the servers if the players couldn't help carry the financial burden.  Donations really pick up... for about three months.

So yeah, donations are to pay for the server so that L doesn't have to keep paying hundreds of dollars a month to run it (just think about how many months layo has been running and the costs.  Its mind boggling.)  So donate to keep layo running.

-TV

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2005, 08:11:00 am »
    Hear Hear.