The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: info needed 4 Undead Slayer  (Read 179 times)

info needed 4 Undead Slayer
« on: October 18, 2005, 08:44:00 pm »
looking for any and all info on becomeing an undead slayer and sugestions on how I should do it.
  Roxx Cloudwalker     Human / Half-Giant
  level 3 Cleric / level 4 Fighter
  http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17299&posts=20

Doc-Holiday

RE: info needed 4 Undead Slayer
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 10:44:00 pm »
Kill undead

frequently

Andrios

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
*smiles at Doc's post*    That certainly is a good start.  Begin role playing the desire or need to eradicate undead and back it up with actions.  Also, since it does not sound (at least to me)  like this is a direction the cleric started out in, it would probably be useful to have a pivotal moment or occurrance that caused this way of thinking.  
Six words:  Development thread, development thread, development thread.   :)  
Then when the development thread is properly advanced resubmit the character in the character submissions section for the prc.
Then apply for a cdq, upon successfull compleation ot the cdq you will be an undead slayer.  
side note: it seems that (at least so far)  the cdq involves joining a different branch of your Church.  Ex.  Shining hand for Toran ( I think),  and Light Bringers for Aeridin.  (I know that one from personal experience)   Not sure how exactly a Lucendite would do it.  
The only Lucendite I have seen dealing with undead actually summoned a Lich so....... *shakes fist at Celgar* :)
Good luck on your path to Undead Slayer.  
I hope this helped and that I did not miss anything.

Dark Jester

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
In addition, I've read that a PRC won't be approved until all base classes have at least 5 levels.

i.e. you will need to be at least Cleric 5/Fighter 5 to be approved.

-Jester

Pankoki

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
I really dont see how a Lucindite would ever become an undead hunter. A Lucindite accepts all aspects of the weave and to become an undead hunter normally you slay ALL undead you meet. Necromancy is an accepted part of the weave and any Lucindite that starts working against it, should by all rights be removed of their powers.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 04:45:00 pm »
Good point thanks....then can someone point me to a link on possible PrC's for Roxx Cloudwalker? Niether the Visitor guide or the handbook V2.0 give a list of PrC's for each race and sub-race.

Harloff

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 11:47:00 pm »
well he could become a sacred fist...

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 05:49:00 am »
BopthoR - 10/19/2005 6:45 PM   Good point thanks....then can someone point me to a link on possible PrC's for Roxx Cloudwalker? Niether the Visitor guide or the handbook V2.0 give a list of PrC's for each race and sub-race.

PrCs aren't so much about race and subrace as they are about class.  There are exceptions (i.e. Dwarven Defender), but typically they are more about progression to a specialty from what your character already is.
  As a cleric of Lucinda, that is your #1 defining characteristic, and as such, if you feel you must take a PrC, you should take one that fits within the boundaries and dogma of the Lucindite church.
  And as friendly advice, you should only seek a PrC because it fits your character to do so, not because it turns him into a better bashing machine.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 10:56:00 am »
Layo PrC's are here: http://www.layonaraonline.com/player_info/prestige_classes.asp

Bioware PrC's are in your NWN manual.

-TV

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 11:18:00 am »
What about Spell Sword?  I think that would fit with Roxx and his past and the deeds he has done to date. 

Dark Jester

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
It wouldnt be possible. Since you are a cleric/fighter already, you couldnt get the Arcane Magic prerequisite to become a Spell Sword.

anything