The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Insightful Video - Drinking & Driving  (Read 340 times)

NitaThompson

• View Profile
    Insightful Video - Drinking & Driving
    « on: May 28, 2005, 08:01:00 am »
    I am sure this will probably get moved into a different forum but I ask that it doesnt.  I would even like the visitors to the site be able to see this if they choose to read it.

I know quite a few of us are parents or of a youger age that this may be of interest too.  The name of the song is "Untitled" .  I would recommend that people watch the video even if they dont like the style of the music.  After I watched it, I showed it to my daughters and we talked about it.

http://www.simpleplan.com/video.php

Leanthar

RE: Insightful Video - Drinking & Driving
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 09:37:00 am »
    Please.  Do not drink and drive.  Do not let anybody drink and drive.  Your decision to allow it or not, effects lives.  Always remember that.
      Good video.

regnus

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 10:12:00 am »
    I think more than anything this is what scares me to death.  My kids are only 7, 5, and 3 but in no time at all they will be out on the road.  Thanks for the link.

Vyris

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 10:15:00 am »
    WoW, that was an awesome video, very powerful imagery.

Vyris

Goo

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 07:50:00 pm »
      Wow.. powerful. I do not really listen to the style of music, but I got the song and the video.
      My heart sinks thinking about how many people this happens to in real life. Too many alcohol related tragedies in this world... too many.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 07:14:00 am »
      Wow.   :(

*wipes a tear*

Warrior_Erik

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 04:48:00 pm »
      That was pretty good!

Orochifunk

• View Profile
        « Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 04:57:00 pm »
        I'll never, EVER let my girlfriend drive home with ANY alcohol in her body ever again.

(mind you she had only a beer, but still)

Niles09

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 11:21:00 am »
        hmm I cant open the site... I would like to see the vidio since Im going to take my driver license in less than a year, any other ways to open it?? :(

General_Ski

• View Profile
          « Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
          Works fine for me. Anyhow, don't drink and drive.

NitaThompson

• View Profile
            « Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 03:58:00 pm »
            You can try to copy and paste the link into your web browser.  If that doesn't work just go to http://www.simpleplan.com and click on videos.  The name of the song is "Untitled"

Niles09

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 08:42:00 pm »
            seen it.. well the thing that maked the biggest impresion on me was, that it was two cars who crashed together, so the drunken driver not only is resposible for himself, but also others.
            Well that big impression it didnt make on me, mainly because Ive allready have known people who died that way, and being drunk is not something I at all prefer, its absolutly possible to party without powering the brain off! :)

(sorry for my broken english but its five in the morning! So im not going to find and wordbook (yes I know there is a much smarter worth for that!)):)

frebol

• View Profile
              « Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 05:41:00 pm »
              Wow, is right. I know this is late, but I'm new here. Thank you for posting that link to the video. If there is one thing we can stop people from doing, especially children, it is drinking and driving. It's not cool and it is one of the hardest things a person has to do, say no.

Having to comfort a parent of a child that has been killed in a serious auto accident is not something I wish upon anyone.

Peace and much love,
              Aaron D'Angelo ~ Firefigther/Medic

Sylance

• View Profile
                « Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 06:37:00 am »
                drinking + driving = Bad monkey!

Tedulas

• View Profile
                  « Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 10:58:00 am »
                  I've seen worse - And I was thinking of things they could have included whilst they watched it - and they did!

I thought that was a fantastic video it had everything I thought they could have included:
                  Like, when the car crash happened - the girl's family "crashed" as well, and the picture was smashed - their lives ruined by one man.

And, always the pretty girl dies... :(

DazedFighter

• View Profile
                    « Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 10:11:00 am »
                    It hurts to know people would actually do this. :(

platinuuhits

• View Profile
                      « Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 06:56:00 am »
                      I've known some people who were killed because of one of their friends making a bad choice and drinking while driving instead of passing the keys to someone sober. great insight movie!

DragonLance_007

• View Profile
                        « Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 07:29:00 pm »
                        This is an outstanding video and song.  I am in the US Military and this has been shown to us during more than one "safety standdown" meeting.  After the first time I saw it I went to the net and downloaded it and sent it to everyone I knew.  My uncle and his baby boy were killed by a drunk driver and it tore up my whole family.  So, plan ahead if you drink and save your life and the lives of others  P L E A S E !!  !!!

Shinling

• View Profile
                          Re: Insightful Video - Drinking & Driving
                          « Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 03:31:18 pm »

Viobane

• View Profile
                            « Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 06:53:58 am »
                            It's really too bad. I'm a substance abuse counselor, among other things, and I see and hear many people saying the same things about don't drink and drive... Watch this video, think of who it hurts. The sad fact is that in my years of working with people convicted of DUI's, people don't think it's a big deal.

Alcohol lowers inhibitions, everyone knows that. This includes inhibitions about what you are and are not capable of. The cruel fact is that drinking drivers have typically done it dozens or hundreds or times before at varying levels of inebriation, and not been caught or not caused enough damage to be noticed.

In order for drinking and driving to be lessened, many of these ad campaigns reach the wrong crowds, or crowds who watch and then say "I'd never do that."

There are many things in this real world that people ignore, and very sadly, resources are not used in the greater society to truly prevent these very harmful things from occuring. Budgets continue to get cut for social services to make way for better business or other reasons. Pay for counselors is awful, and most do it out of sense of trying to help rather than for any other reward. Not too unlike what happens in the world of Layonara as characters work to help the newer people in the game.

Inorder for drinking and driving to be lessened, people need to take a role in the real world similar to that in Layonara. Reach out to those around you. Your friends, your loved ones, strangers.

Alcohol never causes anyone to do anything (inclusing domestic violence, which is never caused by alcohol, despite the long held and strong myths to the contrary). People who drink and drive think when they're sober that other people do things like that. Not them. "I'm a responsible drinker" they say. "I would never drink and drive if I thought I was too drunk."

I'm saying that when you drink, YOU CANNOT JUDGE IF YOU ARE OKAY TO DRIVE. I have done many a lecture on the ways alcohol effets the brain at many different levels. We all love the fun part of alcohol, but ignore the dark side, or think it's always someone else, or don't think it will ever effect us.

I know this is turning into a rant, but too many times I have talked to well meaning people who forget their part in the equation needs to be more than just watching or showing a video, but truly making it an important thing to address and care about.

While I am a substance abuse counselor, I primarily work with people who are abusive in relationships. Harmful behavior is harmful behavior. I tend to RP evil much more "realistically". Evil is selfish. Evil ignores the harms others are experiencing. Evil doesn't get involoved when things are not effecting them directly. Evil is about everyone else's problems, ignoring its own.

Please don't start to do that kind of alignment shift in your real life!

anything