The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: It has been fun ...  (Read 639 times)

Aragon

It has been fun ...
« on: September 28, 2006, 03:03:36 am »
I joined the Layo family, and I really do mean that when I say this community is a family, in November of 2004.  Many of you know me as Chanda the High Priestess of Corath.  I have been called several other colorful, all in RP, names and adjectives over the course of all most 2 years.  When I joined and submitted Chanda as my first character, I was told that I would be the most hated character on the server.  Since that time I have strived to make that statement a reality.  I can think of many incidents with other players where if it hadn't  been for the PVP rules we would have thrown down.  One time especially sticks out in my mind between Chanda and Kobal in the land of the Dragons.

Well, as the title of this ramble alludes, I will be leaving the community for an extended period of time.  I leave early Saturday morning for a 20-Hr plane ride to the Beach without any Ocean.  I will be gone for the next six months deployed to Iraq.  Hopefully, the community will still be around when I get back.  Hey we may even be playing NWN2, if the realease date ever stops sliding to the right.

I just wanted to say thank you to Leanthar, the many other GMs and excellent RPers that I have crossed paths with over the last 2(-) years.  The Layo family is truely blessed with some of the most tallented people in the NWN community.  I have appreciated all the time and efforts that the staff has put into making this a most excellent experience.  For those of you who do not know, the GMs and Leanthar spend countless hours improving the world.  I have been fortunate enough to work as a world builder.  I wish you all could be privy to all that they do for this game.  They truely care about this world.  

It has been a pleasure being the world's most hated character.  Kobal I still want to kill you for spitting on my boot!  To all the Corathites, keep the faith, failure is not an option.  May the dark lord watch over you and continue to viel all of Mistone in his inky blackness of chaos.  HAILS, OUT!!!

-Aragon

*** Chanda is not dead, she will still function as the head of the Mistone Temple of Corath.  Jim get with me soon and I will pass the key on to you.  Any worldly possessions that Chanda have belong to the church of Corath, administered over by Marcus Perrin, Rufus Coldfinger, or Ramanon (*wink*). And if you haven't been to the GM penalty box at least 3 times then don't even think about being the world's most hated character.  Thanks L for putting up with me!***

gilshem ironstone

Re: It has been fun ...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 03:14:15 am »
Good luck in Iraq.  I hope you don't have to deal too much with humanities dark-side over there.  Otherwise you might not want to play Chanda when you get back.

Seriously, be safe over there and best of luck.

mixafix

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 03:20:26 am »
be safe

Polak76

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 03:28:11 am »
So long buddy!
Keep in touch if you ever get a chance.

You certainly made the game enjoyable for me, with all our long RP sessions plotting and scheming.  We'll try our best to keep the Dark Lord pleased in your absence.  I'm sure the name Chanda will live a long life in this world.  I'll be sure to remind people.

On a personal note good luck over there.  Best wishes and blessings to your family.  I'm sure we'll talk again.

Farewell,
Polak76

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 03:47:29 am »
Best of luck over there - hopefully you wont need it.

Our characters did not meet too often, unfortunately, but when they did it was always interesting. ;)

Take care, Harlas

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 03:50:09 am »
Take care out there, i hope everything goes well. :)

Weeblie

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 04:11:55 am »
Be well!

Pibemanden

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 04:16:07 am »
Take care out there

crazedgoblin

RE: It has been fun ...
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 04:19:15 am »
good luck

Grid Blader

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 05:40:56 am »
Good luck and come back home safe.  I am sure you will.  I will check in on your Dad and make sure he is ok.

regnus

RE: It has been fun ...
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 06:03:51 am »
Good luck, stay safe, and thank you!

D Blaze

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 06:24:07 am »
Good luck over there, it was a great fun having you around.
We'll all see you when you get back. :)
Can't have Layo stay brighter without Chanda's presence for too long now can we?

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 06:28:28 am »
Stay safe over there.
God Bless you and Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.
People like you who put their life on the line are what makes America great.

Deacon

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 06:32:44 am »
Good luck in Iraq Aragon!  Stay safe and hurry back so we can play with you in NWN2 :)

Leanthar

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 07:05:01 am »
Keep your head down and stay safe. Thank you for making the world a safer place!!
  See you in about six months... We WILL still be here. :)

ThrainSil

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 07:15:40 am »
Good luck.  And from what I remember of Okinawa, its far better to go to war then spend the time stuck in Camp Schwab or the northern training area. :>

semper fi.

Shadowblade225

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 08:04:40 am »
Good luck and stay safe out there man. The world will miss Chanda believe it or not :)

steverimmer

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 09:40:18 am »
Take care...oh and take plenty of sun block :)

akata

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 09:43:44 am »
best of luck

ZeroVega

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 10:35:21 am »
I think I'm going to cry... stay safe man and bring me back a souvenir!