The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Just wondering  (Read 183 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Just wondering
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:11:56 pm »
Why are the LORE pages for people Like Sintar Bloodstone blank?  Wouldnt his page have a slew of info on it?  Just wondering cause im trying to figure out whats currently happening in Layo, like who the next big bad guy is...  Whose causing the most trouble, the bigger RP picture...

Tanman

Re: Just wondering
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 01:16:13 pm »
Thats going to be revealed in  V3 in greater detail which is going to happen...'soonish' *grins* Sinthar Bloodstone was a character evil NPC from the last campaign. If you want to know what happened to Sinthar Bloodstone...In game you could talk to Ozymandias. He would be able to tell you what happened to Bloodstone and who he was.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 01:25:05 pm »
Well its not Just bloodstone... there is the Ruler of Rilara too... Milara?  And my PC and Ozy dont gel well...  But I guess thats my problem  :) The thing is it seems like the Histories are a bit dated and not current and such

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 01:30:51 pm »
There are plenty of other people out there who can tell you stories and history too. My advice would be to start asking around about it in game.
  "Say.. I heard the town crier mention somthing about Milara. What exactly happened with him anyway... Do youknow?"
  Somebody will know, or know sombody who does ;)

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 01:35:14 pm »
Just keep in mind, other PC's, especialy Ozy are a very poor fount of information.

Tanman

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 01:45:51 pm »
Ozymandias Llewellyn - Bloodwar Historian
*giggles*
EDIT:
But lalaith is right...talk to others ig, they will give you stories which will give you a better idea on what went on

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 01:46:41 pm »
Ozy_Llewellyn - 1/22/2007 4:35 PM Just keep in mind, other PC's, especialy Ozy are a very poor fount of information.
 And that makes the world so interesting.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 02:17:35 pm »
Tanman - 1/22/2007  3:45 PM  Ozymandias Llewellyn - Bloodwar Historian  *giggles*
 Don't confuse the "Bloodwar" with the "War against Bloodstone"
  Two very different things.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 03:05:34 pm »
Dorganath - 1/22/2007  5:17 PM    
Tanman - 1/22/2007  3:45 PM  Ozymandias Llewellyn - Bloodwar Historian  *giggles*
 Don't confuse the "Bloodwar" with the "War against Bloodstone"
  Two very different things.
 Eh? First I've heard of that. What's the difference?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 04:57:06 pm »
Yeah What is the difference

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 05:04:41 pm »
You can always ask around.

Nehetsrev

RE: Just wondering
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 05:18:40 pm »
Well, since I've heard the story from Ozy, to sum up if I can that is, the Blood War is the war between the various races/alignments of the planes.  Bear with me if I've not go all the facts exactly straight since it's been several RL months since I heard the telling of the Blood War.

In the beginning was the void and the void was without form or substance until eventually some form of order formed within the chaos, giving birth to the first dieties.  Eventually those first ones brought even more order to the void and it split into the planes.

The trouble started because they all had differing ideas of how the perfect society should be run.  Lawful ones wanted laws for everything, to the point that a being's life would be ordered from the second of birth to eternity...not fun for those who prefer a bit of creativity in their lives.  Chaotic ones wanted no rules at all, let the smartest and most powerful take what they want and do what they want with it all.  Good ones wanted fairness and equality for all, evil ones thought things should be ruled by the elite and supreme beings.  Not exactly fair to the masses.  So lawful warred with chaotic, and good warred with evil, and to this day the wars are still going though no ground ever seems to be gained or held by any one faction for very long in a sort of eternal stalemate.

Then the prime material was formed and races created so that they could continue their wars through their 'pawns' without tearing up their own planes, etc.  And the Blood War jsut keeps on going.

Now, the War against Bloodstone was the war fought to keep Sinthrar Bloodstone from exterminating all the dragons and destroying the world in the process.

ShiffDrgnhrt

RE: Just wondering
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 05:31:35 pm »
I like how one requires a nice long explanation, and the other can be summed up in one sentence.   8)

Acacea

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 05:51:34 pm »
Both can be summed up really! "Demons vs devils, RP for more; war vs Bloodstone." ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 06:02:48 pm »
*chuckles*  Thanks, thats much better :P