The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Katherian Quest  (Read 2412 times)

Aerimor

Katherian Quest
« on: August 20, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »
Anyone interested in a quest line to take place in Katherian.  It would be easier treaded by non-good alignments, but open to whomever.  Its focus would be on political espionage, cloak and dagger, power and prestige type pursuits.

It would likely be a bi-weekly quest line, with as much taking place between sessions as during them.  In fact the session at some point may wait until prompting by character actions.

I imagine it would involve 1-4 groups of PC's working together or in opposition to some degree in the same city of politics.   Each attempting to makes gains for themselves and their 'faction'

So the question is, who is interested in such a quest line and has a character appropriate for such pursuits?  Feel free to also mention when you'd most favor the quest line run, weekdays/weekends  EST morning/afternoon/evening?

Thanks for reading

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, miltonyorkcastle, Nehetsrev, Lance Stargazer, Alatriel, davidhoff, RollinsCat

Pibemanden

Re: Katherian Quest
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:19 pm »
I am interested, but I can only do GMT evenings during weekdays and weekends are kind of wonky for me.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 05:06:16 pm »
Almost sounds like something that could be fun for Jetta to take part in.

My availability is probably most open on weeknights after 6:30pm Central Time.  I could also probably do weekends after 8:30am Central Time til about 10:00pm Central Time.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:36:59 pm »
I take you are speaking of actual characters, not a brand new made for this one rigth ?

Cheers

Alatriel

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:55:23 pm »
I'm in with Rose, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Aerimor

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »
Quote from: Lance Stargazer
I take you are speaking of actual characters, not a brand new made for this one rigth ?

Cheers

Make a new one if you want.  I just meant, if you only have a Paladin of Vorax and bring him on this quest line, I am pretty sure you either will not enjoy it and/or your paladinship will be at definite risk.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 06:12:11 pm »
I am interested with Night.  I am available EST evenings.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 06:22:18 pm »
Quote from: Aerimor
Make a new one if you want.  I just meant, if you only have a Paladin of Vorax and bring him on this quest line, I am pretty sure you either will not enjoy it and/or your paladinship will be at definite risk.

K.

You answered already, but the question was more about the lines of if we had to do a character for this quest alone, as in an exclusive character for the quest.

Thanks

minerva

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 07:49:56 pm »
Sophia is in.

Weeknights except Mondays.  Weekends after 7pm if I am working (with the chance of poofing mid quest) and anytime if I am not.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 09:39:08 pm »
Naldin is available for EST evenings.

Dezza

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 04:15:59 am »
Leisa will consult some of her past employers in the region...

drakogear

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 04:37:36 am »
Would there be any need of a fresh new mercenary in this quest?

If so the Alexander might possibly be "persuaded" to join one of these groups. *Holds up a hand, rubbing his thumb and first two fingers together*

Time available: about 11 am - 3 pm EDT

Dorganath

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 10:28:23 pm »
Evenings and weekends, US time zones.

drakogear

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 09:58:53 am »
Got any date/time set up for this yet? don't see it on GM or Player event calendar yet.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 10:44:25 am »
@Drakogear

Its my understanding that the idea first is to see what the intrest for such series would be, why the timezones are being told ,so they can acomodate enough people ( granted enough intrest  its gathered )

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 11:36:41 am »
Lance is correct. Trying to gauge interest and pick an appropriate running time.

Maestro3P

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 02:33:32 pm »
    I am interested in joining a DM run event. Since all other events require me to be awake at 2:00 AM or later, I will join this one if the time is right :) I'd have to create a new character though, cause my current ones are both good-aligned.

Playing times: evenings GMT+1 and weekends.

EDIT: Sorry, that sounded awful. I'm looking forward to join this event :)

tom bombadill

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 06:58:48 pm »
    I am interested in having some fun with this quest-line. I am in the PST time zone i believe its GMT -7. weekends works best for me. 8 pm EST is worst for me. just walking in the door to family, supper, and whatever crazy is waiting for me.

I would like to use Argus if i may i don't mind a little alignment shift toward neutral if that has to happen.

where is Katherian?

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 07:44:11 pm »
    For reference

This may be able to help you out and for the rest of the ones who doesn't get where is getting into.

[LORE]Katherian[/LORE]

[LORE]Alindor[/LORE]

Katherian is on Alindor, you may be able to reach over from Mariner's Hold or from Fort of Kings. There is also a way to reach from Lor in Central.

Cheers

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 03:03:19 pm »
    Okay, this has fallen into my Thursday (this Thursday, even) time slot, while P&P is on hiatus. That being the case, those of you that are still interested in this concept, please post below with the following information:

Character Name:
    Character Alignment:
    Character Deity (if any):
    Character Level:
    Character experience and/or relationships with the Katherian houses (if any):
    Any significant conflicts with consistent quest attendance/participation:

We may cap the number of participants on this bi-weekly series, but we'll review the interest first. Remember, as explained in the first post by Aerimor, this is the sort of quest series that explores the underbelly of a non-good society, so if you plan to bring a good-aligned character into the mix, be prepared for the character to struggle greatly and possibly even be persecuted for his/her beliefs.

anything