The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Keyboard bindings for NwN  (Read 39 times)

OneST8

Keyboard bindings for NwN
« on: July 03, 2005, 02:16:00 am »
Hello everybody!

I'm just curious as to how you play NwN... have you customized your keyboard controls any? If you have, please tell me how you've changed them and why you made those changes, I'd love to know!

I myself use a customized setup which you can find on the second page of this PDF document and have geared all my binds to being as left-hand-focused as possible so that I don't have to jump from one end of the keyboard to the other during gameplay yet still have full control over my avatar and the camera.

Thanks for all your help!

Trip1888

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
RE: Keyboard bindings for NwN
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 08:26:00 am »
Well, lets see.  I guess I have the normal setup for NWN.  I Use my mouse to move around and use the arrow keys to rotate the camera left or right and zoom in or out.  I have page up and down to change the camera angle.  If I want to move and not use the mouse, I have W for forward. S for backward.  A for rotate left.  D for rotate right.  Q for strafe left.  And E for strafe right.  Other than that I just have some of my items and abilities set in the F-1 through F-12 keys.  I think that's just the default, but hey, it works for me.

ZeroVega

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 08:59:00 am »
  Being ambidextrous I've got my keyboard set up so that I have the most crucial functions for NWN on the left hand side of the keyboard (that'd be my quick hand) and the less important controlls on my right hand. Things like greetings, farewells, and emotes, I put to the right where as spells, attack, running and camera turning goes to the left.

Variable

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 10:29:00 am »
I use the basic key settings with only a few changes. For moving I made S walk forward and X walk backwards. That makes it much easier to walk especially in houses where there are a lot of placeables that making walking with the mouse difficult.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 08:39:00 pm »
^*points to variables post* me too