The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layonara 3.2 Is Coming Soon!  (Read 518 times)

orth

Layonara 3.2 Is Coming Soon!
« on: April 01, 2009, 01:38:13 pm »
[SIZE=18]No Fooling!
[/SIZE]

You folks won't believe the load of changes we've packed into this update.  Many suggestions were implemented, many annoyances corrected and a boat load of new functionality was tossed in.  Combine that with the sweet new areas built by Chongo and you're all in for a big treat!

Our scheduled release is pending some playtesting but we're targeting the weekend.  Maybe as early as the quiet hours of Saturday morning, but no guarantees. :)

More then your game experience, your community experience is going through a bit of an overhaul as well.  I eluded to this in an earlier post but we felt most of the policy, procedure and rule changes are now all intertwined, so to release partial changes would have been confusing without the full picture.

[SIZE=18]Stay tuned for a few teasers and added details![/SIZE]

jrizz

Re: Layonara 3.2 Is Coming Soon!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 02:05:24 pm »
Let me be first to say thank you to the team that put in all this work. Thanks for listening.

Chazzler

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 03:04:33 pm »
Whoohoo! You guys rock! 8)

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 04:36:11 pm »
keep on the great work

Frances

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 04:48:52 pm »
Admittedly, I haven't been around much, but I think I remember some statement shortly after the last revision came out that there wouldn't be another revision, and that all efforts in this area were being focused on the Layonara MMO.  Has this changed?

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 05:19:08 pm »
Which "last revision"? The major update for v3?  The conversion to 1.69?

There likely won't be another huge change like we had for v3.  We have not yet stated that there would be no more updating to the modules.  Regarding the resources on the MMO, we decided a few weeks ago that orth and I would take time off of the MMO and work toward some significant improvements to NWN and in the experience in general.  Together with Chongo's contributions, the result is something we hope will be fun and interesting for everyone.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 05:19:24 pm »
Frances, see here.

orth

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 05:20:37 pm »
Quote from: Frances
Admittedly, I haven't been around much, but I think I remember some statement shortly after the last revision came out that there wouldn't be another revision, and that all efforts in this area were being focused on the Layonara MMO.  Has this changed?

No, Dorg and I are on development vacation to take a breather and have some fun, these are the sorts of things we do when we wish to have fun and say thanks to the teams and community.

Others are still plugging away at the MMO, and we'll be back focusing primarily on that as things run smoother again.

OneST8

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 10:24:08 pm »
Quote from: orth
Dorg and I

Great, what am I? Chop liver? or are you just really a fake account I made in order to disguise my real intentions muahahahaa!

Pseudonym

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 10:32:21 pm »
Hmmmmm, is this the post so we think OneST8 is an actual discrete person, or is it a bluff and it is really orth ... or the double bluff and it is really OneST8 wanting us to think it is orth posting as OneST8? Or, maybe he's pulled out all stops and it's the triple bluff and orth doesn't really exist and he is but a figmental fallguy of the collective imagination of the real MMO developers or, ah Ha! Is that what orth would have us believe? Yes, yes, I see your cunning plan now ...

Alatriel

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 10:41:30 pm »
ow... I think my brain just got sprained...

Dorganath

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 10:59:04 pm »
Quote from: Pseudonym
Hmmmmm, is this the post so we think OneST8 is an actual discrete person, or is it a bluff and it is really orth ... or the double bluff and it is really OneST8 wanting us to think it is orth posting as OneST8? Or, maybe he's pulled out all stops and it's the triple bluff and orth doesn't really exist and he is but a figmental fallguy of the collective imagination of the real MMO developers or, ah Ha! Is that what orth would have us believe? Yes, yes, I see your cunning plan now ...

I've actually seen them both...in the same room, at the same time.  

I've seen one talk while the other was drinking coffee and on the opposite side of the room even.

So unless it's one really, really fast person, I'll have to go with the theory that states they are, in fact, separate entities.  Because let me just tell you, neither of them is very fast at all before coffee.

OneST8

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 11:20:21 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath
neither of them is very fast at all before coffee.

Yeah, you're right on that one though orth is allergic to coffee beans so it's typically Red Bull or tea for him... for me... black cup'o'joe and enough sugar to impair a small child.... mmmmmmmm

Pseudonym

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 11:36:45 pm »
Yeah, as if we'd believe you Dorg-who-is-orth-who-is-OneST8-who-is-really-orth-who-was-pretending-to-be-OneST8.

Chongo

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 01:05:53 am »
Quote from: OneST8
Yeah, you're right on that one though orth is allergic to coffee beans so it's typically Red Bull or tea for him... for me... black cup'o'joe and enough sugar to impair a small child.... mmmmmmmm

Allergic to coffee beans??  That curse exists?

Kenderfriend

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 11:44:46 am »
Yaaay! Thanks team, you rock! ;)

Link092

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 06:22:33 pm »
rats... too late for suggestions then. *mutters about an overabundance of work*

Hellblazer

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 06:31:25 pm »

Dorganath

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 06:58:01 pm »
We actually talked about something very similar several days ago.

Time is getting short though.  :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 07:43:57 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath
We actually talked about something very similar several days ago.

Time is getting short though. :)

yeah I remember we talked (you and I) about it a month or so ago, but I didn't think it would be applied if I proposed it. Eh! live and learn :)

anything