The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layonara Con  (Read 482 times)

NEXUS7

Layonara Con
« on: September 22, 2005, 06:09:00 am »
Just been posting on another topic and wondered if
if it has come up befor but has there ever been talk of or put forwould the idaer of
a Layonara Convention a fact to fact get to gever of players from around the world?

vgn

RE: Layonara Con
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 06:42:00 am »
That's cool. We could all get together somewhere and sit around and talk about how cool it would be to be back home playing Layonara. :)

Thunder Pants

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 06:48:00 am »
closest thing like this to happen was me a few few other players whom have since left drove down to L's place for a weekend, (well saterday afternoon and evening leaving sunday afternoon) there may still be pictures of it up in the albums somewhere

nope no pics, i don't have any and the other people that went no longer have albums

Rasterick

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 06:54:00 am »
No, its a fine idea. Looking at some of the places people live, there looks to be some great places to hold a convention. In fact where would you all most like to hold the convention?

For me, it would have to be Somewhere in British Columbia, went there a long while ago. Fantastic place.
Or if no rooms are available, you could always visit me, I will supply lots of tea and sandwiches.. ;)

jjkolb

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 07:19:00 am »
vgn - 9/22/2005  9:42 AM

That's cool. We could all get together somewhere and sit around and talk about how cool it would be to be back home playing Layonara. :)

Ha Ha Ha!  That one got me chuckling.

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 08:15:00 am »
indeed, a great idea to meet us all somewhere, but I guess it would be difficult to find a date and a location ;) cause there are many lads and lasses playing in europe, australia and america...

IDii

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 09:42:00 am »
I know one place where everyone can get really easy to meet...

It's called... The Internet!

Yeah... I known I'm too smart sometimes. I apologize.

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 09:44:00 am »
    *grins* as IDii climbs into the telephone socket.

ZeroVega

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 09:49:00 am »
     Yeah I remember the little gathering that Thunda speaks of. Think it was back when I was still new here... back when I 'thought' everyone was insane. My suspicions have since been confirmed as true but that's another topic.
       Even if I could make it to such a gathering, I wouldn't go. One of you might be an axe murderer...

IDii

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 09:55:00 am »
    ZeroVega - 9/22/2005  7:49 PM     Even if I could make it to such a gathering, I wouldn't go. One of you might be an axe murderer...
     Wonder who...  Nah, I do drink blood but I actually just buy it from the local grocery store. It's from animals.  Most of the time...

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
      • Followers of Xeen
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 09:55:00 am »
    *polishes his plastic halloween axe prop*

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 06:59:00 pm »
    You know... I thought about this once... but then... I remembered my family reunion... "I'm related to THOSE people!?"

heck... if it gets set and it's a sure thing... I'd be there

HooD!uM

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 07:10:00 pm »
    you all can fly down here and we can all have a bbq at my house :)....roast dire rat anyone?

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
      • Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 07:46:00 pm »
    My vote is for Hawaii as I'm homesick anyway  ;) J/K

A all in one might be hard. So how about the Europeans do one, and the ones in Hawaii can do the west coast or the Aussie one, then one on the east coast, and the last one could be someware in the central US or Canada.

So what do ya'll think?

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 09:33:00 pm »
    let's do it on the moon

Variable

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 09:35:00 pm »
    Doc-Holiday - 9/22/2005 10:33 PM
      let's do it on the moon

Sounds good to me!
      According to NASA we'll be back there by 2020... only 15 more years...

ModernMarvel

• View Profile
      « Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 05:27:00 am »
      I distinctively remember "Layonara Day" that I was invited to a WHILE ago. I planned, had a ticket, a change of clothes, my dice, and all...but then, **ring ring** "Henry, dude, the server at the insurance company just fried. We need to you start building on one and get it down here" HENRY: "*a string of cuss words* Ok, thats cool. I gotta feed my family."

The daring Marv gets right on the task, thinking he can still make Layonara Day, 3,000 miles away. MARV: "Ok, I'm the man. finished the server with a full day to spare. Get this baby installed and away we go!" MARV'S BOSS: "Hey henry, take these computers home and upgrade them. Sorry, because of my 12 kids (yes, this cat has 12 kids) I cant pay you." MARV: "See, now I gotta do free work because this guy cant buy a trojan...now I gotta find a new job. I dont work for free. Oh well. There'll be a Layonara Day next year!"

There never was :(
      Marv-elous, and his wonderous silver "uber-critical rolling" D20 that Tobias left at his house were sad, so King Marv cashed his ticket in and bought himself a hienaken............or 12.

Marv

P.S. this is sadly a true story, and that silver dice that Tobias left at my house...brutal baby...brutal. Tobias can vouch for it. :)

Melgrin

• View Profile
        « Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 06:37:00 am »
        I propose Amsterdam for the Europeans. Nice city and a good central place.

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 09:57:00 am »
        indeed it is a good idea to have some smaller conventions for the start, may we could get a room, a computer, broadband connection and a webcam ;) so we would able to see the lads and lasses on the other conventions ;) like a huge network ;) well, Amsterdam sounds good, not that far away; Germany is central too, but boring and too expensive ;)

Varnart

• Followers of Aragen
          • Followers of Lucinda
          • Followers of Rofirein
          • View Profile
        « Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 03:42:00 pm »
        Maybe one for each country first... I think that would work out for us Portuguese people. Maybe each country group could play a PnP adventure! By the way, how many portuguese players are there? There's me, Flamestrike, Gilmh, Taislin(the guy who has the same login name as my main character), who more?