The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: lets have the level talk :)  (Read 219 times)

Drizzlin

Re: lets have the level talk :)
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 05:08:53 pm »
Leanthar - 9/20/2006  11:20 AM

"...2. If there is a good RP reason for a wide level spread then it is fine...."

One of those things that people define. But I want to make sure it is for an RP reason, not something contrived to get by the request--something we see/hear quite a lot of.

"....6. If you are below 10th level you should not be on Central or East. ...."

I say 9th level. West is made for levels 1-8 (up to 10ish)... if you are level 9 and above you can be on central.
That is one of the reasons that so many people do not slow down in leveling at that 9th level--central has creatures for them to fight.

"....7. If you are below 15th level you should not be on East....."

I would prefer to see this 16th level but if it is a REAL good reason 15 might be okay. East is made for level 18+ characters.

How we had it at first (2 years ago) is as follows, but this has been adjusted over time because of all of the updates.
West -  1-8th level
Central 9 - 17th level
East 18+

Planes is tricky because you can get there from any server...but as it should be the planes is dangerous.

Do you take ECL into consideration for this? My wife plays a level 14 fighter/barbarian halfgaint, and she can hang with a level 17 barbrain/fighter human.

silverdraco

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 12:58:06 am »
Leanthar - 9/20/2006  8:20 PM  "  How we had it at first (2 years ago) is as follows, but this has been adjusted over time because of all of the updates.  West -  1-8th level  Central 9 - 17th level  East 18+   Planes is tricky because you can get there from any server...but as it should be the planes is dangerous.    
     Central is for 9th level and above. That’s great. I'll be going there then sometimes so I level-up a bit more quickly. I'm dieing to get to level 10. Lot of reasons for it, like: new spells and possibly feats too, CDQ possibility and of coarse greater crafting badge. I have an interesting CDQ for my character standing ready; I mean the facts needed for one. the rest I'm thinking of leaving to the GM that will do it. I might give him/her some idea's of mine but it will be up to him/her if he/she uses them.
  [FONT="]Anyhow thanks for making the server levels clear.  [/FONT]

Dorganath

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 05:40:10 am »
Drizzlin - 9/20/2006  7:08 PM
    Do you take ECL into consideration for this? My wife plays a level 14 fighter/barbarian halfgaint, and she can hang with a level 17 barbrain/fighter human.
 No. ECL is only for the calculation of XPs. A 14th level character is still a 14th level character, regardless of ECL...though you just illustrated exactly why we have ECLs for subraces like that.  :)

Drizzlin

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 10:40:07 pm »
Dorganath - 9/21/2006  5:40 AM    
Drizzlin - 9/20/2006  7:08 PM 
 No.  ECL is only for the calculation of XPs.  A 14th level character is still a 14th level character, regardless of ECL...though you just illustrated exactly why we have ECLs for subraces like that.  :)

ROAR!!! Glad to be of some assistance =)  I didn't think so, but at the same time I could understand if ECL was considered.

anything