The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Life is Short  (Read 347 times)

Grid Blader

Life is Short
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
I was woken up to a phone call this morring from my mother.  It was a phone call you never here want to hear.  There was a huge car pile up comming out of Selma on 99.  Caused by a drunk driver (not sure if the fogg was bad but usuall is).  Something like 108 cars.  A child was killed, but a young man was killed also.  This young man was a family friend.  

My best friend that usual goes to work on saturdays that travles that same road, he desided to stay home.  I am thankfull for that.

Life is to short.  Bad things happen to good people all the time.  I say no, not this time.  Drinking and driving was the cause.  I begg any of you, if you go out to a party, dinner, or just out with friends and have any drinks at all.  Call a cab, have a sober driver take you home, call someone.  

Dont think just becouse I had two or three drinks I am fine to dirve.  I am sorry to tell you, you are not ok to drive.  I am not perfect by anymeans.  I learned the hard way many times over.  This is not the first friend to die becouse of drinking and driving.  I wish it would be the last, but in all reality it wont be.

Xirion

Re: Life is Short
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 01:48:39 pm »
yep... alcohol and dfriving doesnot fit. I am 21, have my licence over two years now and did never drive with just a single drop in my blood.

The risk is allways too high, not only for yourself but everyone else on the road. I don't want to be responsible for the death of another person. You have to think howmany fates you can affect with it, not only that you take the lives of the people but also maybe the father or husband...or mother and wife...
And even if it is "just" your own life, there are many other who have to suffer, may it be the family or the friends.

I lost one of my friends in the final grade of shool due to drugs/alcohol in combination with driving, it is nothing to take easy and just think "It will not happen to me"

Chongo

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 02:14:19 pm »
In the four years I worked as a paramedic in California, I saw a lot of drunk driving accidents. I really only saw a small handful of accidents that really hit home though. Most would just be some drunk out in the middle of nowhere who polished off a case of beer and decided to slam into a telephone pole. He'd suffer an epidural bleed, go into surgery that was likely paid for by our taxes, and be fine in a short amount of time. In the brief period where they would be able to talk, they'd usually say the same old cliche sentence of how it was an empty backroad that nobody ever drove on. Or it'd be a car full of young adults, maybe one would be dead, but they would have just rolled off the highway or hit an inanimate object on their own, so no biggie, nobody affected but the fools driving. The handful that actually hit home though happened on those same backroads, and without going into too many details, after seeing the lack of fairness when you have one lone idiot, or a car full of idiots that can't find the sense to just nominate a designated driver, all walking around fine while the innocent family of 5 only has one or sometimes two survivors... I honestly think that we should be allowed to shoot a drunk driver in the head on site after failing a breathalizer test. Seems to me that wherever you need to be going obviously isn't all that important otherwise you wouldn't be drunk. Get a cab, or hell, brave the night in an alley. It obviously isn't that important or you wouldn't be drinking. Strange egos get involved when you realize that you've had too much to drink and have to make the admission to everyone around you that you are no longer in control of your situation. And if your ego is powerful enough to sacrifice a bunch of kids, I'd say we should be allowed to shoot you. But that's just me.

Sorry for your loss. It's hard.

Mooneyes

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 05:00:57 pm »
Hmmm...somthing about that just makes sense to me Chongo.  And I'll leave it at that.

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 04:30:16 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Was this the pile-up that just occurred in Fresno?  2 Killed In 100-Car Pileup - Video - WFTV Orlando  It's always sad to lose a friend, especially to hear that the little boy too was killed.

Grid Blader

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:52:54 pm »
Yes, that is the second big car pile up there in about five years.  Bad place.  But that was not his child in the wreck.

anything