The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Looking for a new Campaign Drawing: Artist wanted!  (Read 117 times)

EdTheKet

Looking for a new Campaign Drawing: Artist wanted!
« on: September 02, 2006, 02:41:25 pm »
Greetings.
  We need your help preparing for the next campaign.

As you know, the Soul of a Lost Ancient Campaign is now complete and we are in the Dark Ages. But we are also coming up on the next campaign and it needs a drawn image like we had for the previous one.
    The current image for Soul of a Lost Ancient is found at the root of this site (www.layonaraonline.com you can click on the 'Layonara Online' drawing at the top of the to see it) as well as on the cover page of the Campaign Handbook.

We are looking for a drawing similar as the one of the previous campaign. We will tell you what we are looking for exactly when you’re interested; suffice it to say that we are looking for a village seen from a distance away (like the current drawing really).   It should be in a bit of disrepair after all of the dark years (called the dark ages of Layonara). The land around the village should look a bit desolate as there has been little sunshine for several decades. Maybe some dead forests but certainly no green forests or green grass. Then some other details which we’ll disclose to the person who’ll take this on or to those seriously interested as it’ll give you some details of the next campaign.

We are also looking for text. Text needed is:  Dragon Storm Campaign
  We also need the text to not be a part of the image, it should be a separate image that is transparent so that we can place it on the new image or any other image that we want to put it on as the campaign moves forward.

We are willing to pay up to $40 for the finished product master file (not just an image file -- in photoshop it would be the psd file) and the text.
  We should be able to overlay the Dragon Storm Campaign text on any image and the campaign image that will be used on various things through the year(s).
  The drawing would then feature on the cover of the next Handbook as well as on the root of the site and potentially on other places as well.

If you are interested, please send us (Leanthar and myself a link or some examples or portfolio of what you can do.

Thanks, and we’re looking forward to many responses.

crazedgoblin

RE: Looking for a new Campaign Drawing: Artist wanted!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 02:58:54 pm »
*sigh* i wish i could draw id love to make the new artwork, oh well back to the writing :D

Nehetsrev

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 06:17:09 am »
I might like to take a poke at this one.  =)  What time-frame are you looking at for a deadline?  I ask only because my family and I are in the process of looking for a new home and getting moved so it may be a month or two before I could really get started on this project.

Here's a link to my personal forum which displays images of a lot of my work, I suggest starting with those in the 'Colored Works' category of my forum, though you'll probably want to look as well at my pencil drawings.

http://fmrachel.proboards58.com/index.cgi

Looks like it could be a fun project to work on.  If you need to reach me outside the Layonara forums you may email me at fmrachel@sbcglobal.net

Leanthar

Re: Looking for a new Campaign Drawing: Artist wanted!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 06:41:48 am »
Nehetsrve, I replied to your email this morning and cc'd Ed. Lets talk in emails.

Niles09

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 07:38:05 am »
I'll appply for this one aswell.

EdTheKet

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 07:46:25 am »
Niles, you don't have any landscapes in your album.

Niles09

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 08:02:50 am »
heh thats because the picture is too large :P I'll mail it.

Niles09

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 09:55:43 am »
Forget about it. I think I lack the time for making such a painting.

anything