The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Lost my items in bank chest...  (Read 189 times)

Warheart

• View Profile
    Lost my items in bank chest...
    « on: May 19, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
    I was looking at my items in the bank persistent chest when the server crashed..when I returned everything was gone :(
    What should I do now? Can I get them back?

Rhizome

• Druids
      • Followers of Aeridin
      • View Profile
    RE: Lost my items in bank chest...
    « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
    Please provide a list of the items lost with an attachment of the screenshot, if you have one, or any other evidence you may be able to muster.  We will review the items and evidence and get back to you as soon as possible with a decision.
      Thanks.
      Rhizome

Warheart

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 02:12:00 pm »
      http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13235&posts=3

Don't have any screenshots sorry... but I have this list that you can see is posted before this...

I lost all except these:

-Iron falchion SOLD
      -Iron Kama 1500
      -Iron Heavy mace 1000
      -Bronze light hammer x2 500 for each
      -Iron Heavy-flail 1500
      -Bronze Scimitar 500
      -Cougar leather armor 750
      -Iron splint-mail 2500

The others I have in the inventory...
      These are the ones that I lost:

-Iron bastard sword x2 1750 for each
      -Iron dagger 1000
      -Bronze Dwarven waraxe 500
      -Iron handaxe x2 1500 for each
      -Cougar hide armor 1000

Rhizome

• Druids
        • Followers of Aeridin
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
      Thank you for the list and your documentation.  It looks ok to me.
        In the future, and for anyone else reading this, please try to take a screenshot if you are stuck with your vault open and the server seems to be crashing.  It simply makes these decisions much easier.  Thanks.
        I'll attempt to contact you in game sometime tonight after 9 pm pst.  If there is another GM on between now and then, or when you are next available, ask her or him for assistance and direct her or him to this thread.
        The items to be returned are:
        -Iron bastard sword -Iron dagger -Bronze Dwarven waraxe -Iron handaxe -Cougar hide armor

Warheart

• View Profile
        « Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
        allright thanks...

although the ones that say x2 behind was that there were two of them..
        Anyway I am happy to get it back..

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 05:33:00 am »
        hehheh   guess i was a LOT luckier... all i lost was a sewing kit, sewing needle, tinkerer's tools, gem cutter's tools and 2 raspberry juices... ehheh   the ONLY good thing about being poor and low level.... already replaced all but the sewing stuff....*sigh*  broke again...

but....
        during the crash, i have just made it back alive (with a large group) from grey peaks mountains, and had actually gathered about 1100 in gold (belonging to the group) and when the server came back up, i was back up in lars, NO gold NO xps (which i desperately needed!!! - sucks being a level 7 mage with NO ability to get anywhere!!! ahahhahahahaha)   i asked the dm, and s/he said... oh well.... we don't do that, and you should be able to make it back to hlint....**sob**
        well.... eventually, i did.... NOTHING to show for the 2 completed quests, and all the bandages i used to get up and down that D*(&^^*&^*^& rock!!!

ah well....  such is the luck of mages....

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 06:48:00 am »
        Whenever you have something happen to your character, gold, xp, an item etc. that you want to keep just rest.  Even a failed rest (unless it is due to creatures being too close) will save your character.  You can also use the Remembering Orb to save your character.  That is all it takes.  Sorry.