The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: why so few  (Read 1450 times)

Leanthar

RE: why so few
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2005, 07:24:00 am »
What vgn stated, he is correct.
  And please quit using the name 'pally'.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2005, 07:26:00 am »
The thing about the non-lawful half-giant I think is that the playable half giants are half hill giant.  There are lots of types of giants of different alignments.  A lot of them have a lawfull bent, that is probably why the giant god is lawful.  however a half-frost giants or half-fire giants are not playable only half-hill giant.  Thats why the information seems to contradict itself.  

Also, a half-giant paladin makes very little sense.

Vyris

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2005, 07:54:00 am »
besides, -6 int and -6 charisma?

To paraphrase someones signature here losely "what diety wants a stupid ugly person as thier avatar." or something like that. And well... it just doesn't make much sense, I think all the half-monster races are restricted like that (-orc -ogre -giant) with thier alignment.

Vyris

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2005, 01:21:00 pm »
lol! if you have a negative cha does your lay on hands hurt yourself and heal undead?

Edit:edited for stupid typo

Thunder Pants

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2005, 01:56:00 pm »
it reverts to minimum 1 hp per level Talan

as to a halfgiant paladin of vorax that doesn't make much sense really, why would a dwarven diety have a paladin decended from a race that dwarves have such emnity against that they actualy train to fight them (hence the dwarf combat bonuses vs giants

lonnarin

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2005, 03:41:00 pm »
awesome.  We should update the "alignments" section of that race page to match this so it's not so confusing in the future.  That whole "free range as humans" line completely threw me off. :)

I would also presume that Talan's theory that they are all hill giant descended would also be correct, else they would begin with elemental DR options and such; and the fact that only a hill giant would have such a low cha and int to make a halfbreed human attain -6 to mental stats.

I think Fire and Ice giants are at least on par with half-orc intelligence if I remember correctly, so it makes sense that the playable variety of halfbreeds would need to come from slower stock.

lonnarin

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2005, 05:40:00 pm »
*smacks himself in the forehead*  you know, I didn't even notice the bottom part of the race page this whole time... heheheh.

yup, it's right there, no lawful giants :)

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2005, 03:21:00 am »
Also, Vorax's alignment is LG, not LN. ;)