The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Maybe a Half Day Late But...  (Read 328 times)

LynnJuniper

Maybe a Half Day Late But...
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:37:38 pm »
Thanks osxmallard for a great First quest!

I just wanted to say thank you for your awesome work and for trying multiple times to become a GM. Now we know what we were missing, and we're not missing out anymore! Right on! You handled the two groups splitting up superbly!

This quest I think was a lesson in the unexpected. Thank you for not trying to cover up the fact that it happened or calling REDO. Sometimes the best and funniest endings can come out of innocent mistakes ;) So thanks for rolling with it!

---

Additionally, thanks to Shiff for being a good leader and scheduling the bit before hand, and thanks for everyone who showed up for it.

And thanks to Timulty and Sallaron for being witty and making me laugh.

The following users thanked this post: Nyralotep, lonnarin, osxmallard, iceyfire, LordCove, Chongo, ShiffDrgnhrt, stolen

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Maybe a Half Day Late But...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 04:00:48 pm »
Yes, AWESOME Quest...  And thanks to everyone for sticking with me, as well as to those who took charge when I was kinda lost (Zup for Ttraps, Stor and Rhynn for Spells, Sala for being a benevolent healer, and some of the others for doing their parts).  I had fun

ycleption

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 04:32:03 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
And thanks to everyone for sticking with me, as well as to those who took charge when I was kinda lost

What? You forgot to thank Pallena, who totally took charge when you were lost in the "how to deal with messengers" department :P

Seriously though, I had a lot of fun on the quest, kudos to osx, both for dividing attention between the two parties for most of the quest, and for effectively dealing with the extreme range in levels.
Thanks!

LynnJuniper

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:39:59 pm »
I liked her ;)

iceyfire

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 08:58:42 am »
Such a fun quest, was a shame i had to leave before the climax, but yes i do agree find work :), i have been enjoying the interactions with that dark assassain :)

Falonthas

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:25:37 am »
well the actual climax turned anti climatic but that something only a bard can tell over a campfire

but yes it was great, everyone starts to panic seing big fire flamy wings appear and then a twitch of a finger and the door slams in its face

and it seems we have about 4 mini quests in works as well goign to span the isles as they are fleshed out a bit more

Xirion

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 12:00:59 pm »
Argh... why are you running such quest that late? *grumbles about timezones*

Black Raven

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 11:50:33 am »
    Now, I'm not one to voice myself much, in fact I hardly ever post in (any) forums and dislike the major "Thank You" threads, and even though I haven't been to the quest osxmallard ran I still feel he should get some praises for doing something as a GM, which I felt is lacking in my usual timezone -- Bringing life into the world we play at.

And no, I dont mean with the many improp quests I've seen him run to me and others during trips and adventures. But in his constant work of taking over normal and unnoticed NPCs and bringing them to life to remind us all that the world doesn't stop in between trips or the next big quest against an evil wizard.

Its the little things he does that I really appreciate his effort for, like having a mommy cat and her kittens walk by the street after being chased by a stray dog.

Or the flower girl from Wayfare having a casual walk across Hempstead with her children for some shoppings. It really helps to maintain and remain in character when you see these small things that help you feel the world, layo as a big living world, with busy streets and actual people and their mundane lives.

So, I just want to say Kudos for osxmallard for all of his small shenanigans and fun little toying with us.

And more for my wizard's lovely new kitty :P