The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bruenor LG  (Read 263 times)

Rhizome

• Druids
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
RE: Bruenor LG
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2005, 10:58:00 pm »
I'm going to slide a comment or two into this thread and monitor it closely.  Like Pankoki, I'm worried that this thread is going to erupt into some sort of a flame fest.  So far the posts have been mostly respectful.  Please keep it that way.
  There is a thin grey area between role playing your character as a disruptive influence and being a disruptive influence to a quest.  As a role play server, all of us are encouraged and expected to develop our characters along logical and fruitful trajectories.  However, I believe it is important to keep some degree of OOC reasonableness in mind when deciding upon IC actions, particularly during quests.  We have the best GM team you'll find anywhere, I'm sure of that.  All of us are capable of adjusting on the fly to player decisions and actions.  However, sometimes things can go too far and throw an event into a chaotic tailspin, thus disrupting the enjoyment for everyone involved.
  My suggestion to everyone is quite simple and can be summed up in one word:  communication.  If you think your character would act disruptively at a particular moment in a quest, send a quick comment into the DM channel.  That way the GM has the ability to manage a potentially chaotic situation far better.  A GM may ask you to curtail that behavior because of very good OOC reasons.  Otherwise you should definately be prepared for the IC consequences of any action your PC may undertake.
  Just a few more quick comments if I may.  Please remember that GMs are providing a service to our player base and have extraordinary demands put upon them.  For the enoyment of our whole community, it is critical that our GMs leave events feeling good about them, feeling like events have flowed and have been enjoyable for all involved.  I believe strongly that it is our roll as players to work in conjunction with our GMs to achieve this goal, even if this means making personal sacrifices.
  Thank you for reading my comments.
  Respect,
  Rhizome

Rhizome

• Druids
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
RE: Bruenor LG
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2005, 11:00:00 pm »
After reading the posts submitted while composing my own post, I have decided that it is best for all invovled if this thread is frozen.
  Thank you for your understanding.
  Rhizome

anything