The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Merry Christmas All!  (Read 609 times)

Polak76

Merry Christmas All!
« on: December 20, 2007, 06:27:56 pm »
It's been another fun year as usual.

Thanks to the GM team, the builders, the forum administrators, the players, the factions, my enemies IG, my comrads as well, all the people who took time to RP with my characters and even to the well spoken gnoll NPC merchant in the Corath Temple.

You've all made this year enjoyable.  Layonara has always been the nice escape from my busy life and even though I only get on a mere two nights a week it certainly is worth it.

So once again have a nice safe and healthy christmas everyone and we'll meet again next year I am certain.

Best Regards,
Polak76

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Jilseponie Wyndon, Thak, Makashi, Falonthas, Hellblazer, Pseudonym, Spike

Leanthar

Re: Merry Christmas All!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 06:53:57 pm »
Good times! :)

Merry Christmas folks.

LightlyFrosted

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 07:24:19 pm »
Ah, that magic time of year when the Bloodfall Weasel visits all the good adventurers and adventurettes, and brings them iron to fill their stockings with.  Holiday 'special' quests abound, as adventurers learn the true meaning of -..

..  Right. Christmas.  Real world.

Um..

Happy Holidays!  To everyone!  With exclamation marks!

Pseudonym

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 08:02:23 pm »
Holiday Greetings

I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my online friends, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on her advice I wish to say the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, gender neutral celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted Gregorian calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that Australia is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her / him or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher .

Best Regards (without prejudice),
Pseudonym

ycleption

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 08:05:43 pm »
Quote from: Pseudonym

... celebration of the summer solstice holiday...
Pseudonym

I am so offended Pseudonym at your hemispheocentic viewpoint. It's the winter solstice for some of us you know.
You'll be hearing from my attorney soon.

Dezza

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 08:56:37 pm »
My solicitor assures me I cant go wrong with the following statement:

Be safe, happy, don't eat to much and be good to your families and or friends and pets!!

Shadowblade225

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 09:48:44 pm »
Enjoy the holiday season everyone.  May it be a safe and fullfilling one.

Filatus

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 10:59:20 pm »
A Merry Christmas to you all. Like Dezza said, don't eat too much, heheh.

Falonthas

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 11:03:21 pm »
oh how i foresee a turkey coma once again
but the good thing is i dont have to cook it this time

happy holidays everybody
yes even the pink shirted aussie

Chazzler

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 12:49:22 pm »
Hyvää joulua!

Merry Christmas! :) (Or Good Christmas, if you translate that from word to word). Take it easy, don't eat too much (as Dezza said and you can read the warning text from Falonthas' post as well (yeah.. food coma, urgh!)).

Hope all of you get marvelous presents!

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 01:42:36 pm »
Happy Yule, all. Or whatever holiday you may call your own. :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 11:39:50 pm »
Happy Christmas and good time with your family<- although this holiday should be year long for that regard:)

jan

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 03:49:20 am »
Well , since every-one celebrates something else .....

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Makashi

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 08:18:23 am »
Merry christmas everyone, and enjoy it!

Serissa

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 08:46:22 am »
Have a joyful and safe holiday.

ycleption

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 11:37:16 pm »
All silliness aside (re. my earlier comment), I hope everyone has/had a good Christmas, New Years, Eid, Yule, Solstice, Hanukkah, and whatever other holidays I may be missing.

Anamnesis

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 12:50:30 am »
Hangovers should be holidays! Happy Hangover!

(note I don't drink but I know alot of eggnoggers)
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

scifibarbie

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 01:26:44 am »
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!

I personally cant wait for the turkey coma....ham was so last year. :D

DMOE

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 03:41:40 am »
Happy Christmas!!!

Eat tons, fall asleep, watch a bond movie!!!

It's not Christmas otherwise

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 07:01:47 am »
Merry christmas to everyone in our little community here. Enjoy the days off and really try to clear your heads before the daily marathon starts again in January. If you've taken work with you home for the holidays, put it aside - nothing is that important. :)

A special thank you to the Team for providing us with a continous array of quests to challenge our characters and allow us to develop them within the world. Also, thank you to community who partakes in these quests and help to take them where the GM wants them - and further. It is such interactions that makes Layonara so very special and has provided us with the stories and tales for the lore of the world and inspires people to write and detail it even further.

Cheers all, Harlas

anything