The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: missed a messenger falcon  (Read 171 times)

willhoff

missed a messenger falcon
« on: April 06, 2011, 05:29:16 am »
*Zigruum wakes up in a sweat from his leaf bed in the great forest.  He was late for an important meeting and rushed to enter a nearby tree to find his way more quickly. Unfortunately right as he entered the tree a falcon with a note attached to his talon tried landing on his shoulder. Alas, the bird never made it and Zig took the root highway without getting the message.*

//Zigruum missed a messenger bird as he used his tree branch before he could get the message.  Whomever sent him a message via this way if you could please pm me with the message or resend the bird I would appreciate it. Sorry for the inconvienance!  If its not personal you can post the message here too.

Willhoff

Dorganath

Re: missed a messenger falcon
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:30:13 am »
It should be in your inventory.  There's never actually an item to pick up. Look for something that looks like a rolled-up scroll.

willhoff

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 05:39:32 pm »
I just re-checked all of Zig's inventory pages and containers and could not find the message i.e. something that looks like a rolled up scroll.

The messenger bird is still hovering over the ground in the Great Forest nearby the AT were the wooden bridges are.  Only thing I can think of is when Zig treed out it bugged the bird somehow *shrugs*.  

Zig tried to go back and talk to the bird and it just scawked at him.  I also tried loging and reloging next to the bird to see if that worked but same results just more scawking.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 05:52:26 pm »
Ah, hehe...rotten timing then.

I can force a re-delivery. I'll do that later so you get the message as in in-game thing.

willhoff

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 08:03:26 pm »
Thanks Dorg! Luckily Zig's in Vehl now so no treeing out in the spur of the moment.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 09:34:29 pm »
According to the database, the message is still pending. I recommend moving Zigruum to some place more naturey, like the Dapplegreen Outskirts near Fort Vehl and leave him there for a while. It can take up to 20 minutes, if memory serves.

willhoff

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:47:30 pm »
Okay Zigruum is on his way to monitor the health of the dapplegreen.  Thanks again and I'll let you know when or if the bird finds him.

willhoff

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 11:47:27 pm »
Message received. Thanks Dorg!  Thanks also to Tane and Willy for some fun rp while we checked up on the dapplegreen to make sure it was healthy :)

anything