The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New Character: Incorrect Stats  (Read 287 times)

Canyonman

New Character: Incorrect Stats
« on: February 17, 2007, 06:17:23 pm »
I recently re-did my character Aeryn Tahlaer and noticed his stats did not work out as before.  It seems the Dex and Con issues did not adjust like I my first character.  My Dex is decreasing -2 (last time I thought it increased then decreased back to the original) and my Con stayed at a 12.  I noticed that I may not have entered the NWN syntax correctly.  I typed Sun Elf and that was not one of the options.  Long story short, what should I do?  Delete and redo?  Thanks for your help.

Canyonman

RE: New Character: Incorrect Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 06:29:35 pm »
OK, just went back to check and I was wrong with my previous assessment, but I do need to get his Dex back to what it was.  Should I have him deleted and redo the stats?

Canyonman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 09:23:50 am »
My fix did not work...wasted sometime last night on this and just found out this morning that it did not work.  What is it that I need to do to fix my stat problem?

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 09:41:42 am »
I'm a little confused. Your Sun Elf subrace should be lowering your DEX by 2 and increasing INT by 2 after you enter the game and rest/relog. Are you saying you're not seeing this?
  Remember that Layonara subrace adjustments don't take effect during character creation.

Canyonman

Re: New Character: Incorrect Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 09:51:51 am »
Sorry about the confusion.  Aeryn is a character that is being rebuilt through game play to change classes.  I wished to set the stats to as close as he once was.  I messed up his Dex and Con though.  Is there anyway to reset his stats, since I have already built him again. Or do I request a deletion and redo the whole new character creation.

Canyonman

Re: New Character: Incorrect Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 10:12:42 am »
OK, I think I really have screwed up the character all around.  Can I just delete him and re-make him from stratch?

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 10:18:28 am »
I'll delete all instances of Aeryn from your vault, but before you even start to re-create him, read this:
  http://nwn.layonara.com/Character%20Submission
  In particular, look at the part on subraces and Effective Stat Adjustment (ESA). And I highly suggest you understand how the Sun Elf  subrace will affect your character's stats.