The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: NPC quest XP issue  (Read 200 times)

jrizz

NPC quest XP issue
« on: August 13, 2006, 07:32:03 pm »
I have noticed that Wren has been getting lower XP for NPC quests then my old character did. I thought that the XP was just globally adjusted. This is not the case. Today I did the beholder eyestalk quest with two other characters that needed it (Sasha and Rhynn). When we turned in the eye stalk both Sasha (lower level then Wren) and Rhynn (higher level then Wren) recieved 10K XP, Wren got 8K. Wren is just a elf barb/fighter. I have asked around IG (by tells) and no one knows why this would be. Can it be explained by someone please :) thanks.

Fian Bearsark

RE: NPC quest XP issue
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 07:42:05 pm »
If I did my math correctly, that's a 20% difference in xp, which also happens to be the xp penalty for multiclassing an elf with two non-favored classes. Elves favored class is Wizard, so in your case I am betting there is more than 1 level between the Barbarian/Fighter split. I guess the quests reflect this xp penalty as well.

jrizz

Re: NPC quest XP issue
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 07:53:53 pm »
ah that would be it he is barb 10 fighter 1. so when the levels get closer will this penalty go away? I guess I should read more before making characters :) thanks for the answer.

mikligardr

• View Profile
    Re: NPC quest XP issue
    « Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 07:57:42 pm »
    this must be the day of the mulitclassing questions - - i asked one in another thread myself...  :)

here's an explanation of multiclassing and level splits, as they apply to an XP penalty:

http://www.nwnwiki.org/Multiclass_penalty [/url]

its best to keep the levels close together (i.e., no more than 2 i think) when mulitclassing it seems.