The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: NWN2 Questions  (Read 236 times)

Faldred

NWN2 Questions
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:11:27 am »
(And no, these are not "storyline" or "character wipe" questions)  I know the current rule is to not allow a character to request a prestige class on creation.  However, I was wondering if the rule would be modified in one particular case: Mystic Theurge.  Before a player goes through the trouble of double-dipping in arcane and divine magic (and basically "gimping" him/herself in the process), there should be some level of confidence that the character will be approved for MT down the road (but still require 10 non-PrC levels prior to taking MT at level 11 or later) -- the PrC is designed to speficially compensate for divine/arcane combos being underpowered (and why many other PrCs in 3.5 add spell progression at PrC levels).  On a somewhat different topic... anyone have any idea on how PrCs will work for Warlocks in NWN2?  In D&D 3.5, they're not well-defined, as Warlocks were added in Complete Arcane, and existing PrCs weren't updated to reflect invocation-like arcana vs. spell-like arcana.  I personally like the idea of using number of invocations known to replace "ability to cast Nth level spells" in a 4:3 (or even 5:3), rounded up, manner.  This could even extend into the pre-requisites for epic spells, with 12 invocations equalling the ability to cast 9th level spells.  Certain PrCs such as Archmage (if even included), would (correctly) still be inaccessible because of their spell school requirements.[TABLE=head;sort=1a,2,3]Arcane Spell Level  Invocations Known (4:3)  Invocations Known (5:3)  
 1|2|2|
 2|3|4|
 3|4|5|
 4|6|7|
 5|7|9|
 6|8|10|
 7|10|12|
 8|11|14|
 9|12|15|
[/TABLE]

Variable

Re: NWN2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 12:27:15 pm »
I don't think we will really know how to answer these questions until NWN 2 comes out. A lot of the information that i've been able to find out there is speculation.

Dorganath

RE: NWN2 Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 03:43:02 pm »
*points up*
  What Variable said.
  Speculation's pretty much pointless at this point....until we have game in-hand, we simply won't know.

Diamondedge

Re: NWN2 Questions
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 05:33:38 pm »
PrCs and multiclassing are overrated anyways. :)

"All the benefits of neither class, and all the disadvantages of both."