The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Old Names for craftable material  (Read 1906 times)

scifibarbie

Old Names for craftable material
« on: October 05, 2019, 05:42:44 pm »
Hi Guys,

Quick question...in the orc bashers inventory there are a lot of items that have old descriptions and I am unable to craft things that are needed from them. Ive tried oxing them to see if it updated, but it doesnt.

I noticed this when i was trying to make some things out of 'bar of iron'. The recipe calls for an ingot and I couldnt get it to accept it. If i used a pen and ink could i rename it and that would resolve the problem or is there another way. I a have a chest full of the stuff and am wondering what i can do with it.

Same for various other items that have been gathering dust for awhile.

willhoff

Re: Old Names for craftable material
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 06:59:40 pm »
Maybe throw the bar of iron in the smelter *shrugs*  Without knowing the specific name of the items that are giving you trouble (besides "bar of iron") it's kinda hard to narrow the issue.

I know for instance quartz has changed in game for the rune crafting and you have to dunk it in the mineral bath to use it as a spell component etc.

scifibarbie

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 07:11:30 pm »
i tried that...i got the oops message when you dont recover the slag. The bar remained unchangd and i could pull it from the smelter

thanks though

orth

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 02:41:38 am »
The "Bar of Iron" came from the stock NWN crafting system. Probably a loot drop from ages ago that was accidentally added and serves no purpose and you can just toss it.

Renaming something with a quill and ink would not help anything. The crafting system doesn't look at the name of the item, it looks at its internal tag.

I just did a quick look through the Basher's chests and don't see anything else that looks out of sorts. Let me know what are the other items.

The following users thanked this post: scifibarbie

scifibarbie

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 06:28:43 pm »
i picked it all up..everything i found and had it pon me..trashed it now.

Thanks orth