The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: On LORE, giving thanks and other things...  (Read 42 times)

OneST8

On LORE, giving thanks and other things...
« on: January 01, 2006, 07:55:00 pm »
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the Writing, Project and GM Teams for all their help with the content found within LORE. The support you've all shown is fantastic and speaks volumes about where Layonara is going in 2006 and beyond.  Various folks have been painstakingly migrating all the useful Layonara lore from the forums to the LORE site for the past few months. Their help with making LORE so utterly useful is something that not even I can shake a stick at. Their hard work and dedication has been nothing but incredibly fantastic and it has been (and I hope will continue to be) a pleasure working with them all.  There are a few people I would like to highlight with special thanks:
  • Luna
    • So much to be thankful for it's not even funny. From bug testing late at night and feature requests to migrating content. Great work!    
    • Milo
      • Dude you so rock. I don't even need to say why 'cause no one cares 'cause they all know you rock anyways!    
      • Talan
        • Great work with migrating a huge amount of content.
        • Pankoki
          • Editing/migrating content, feature requests, and being a generally overly-creative and insightful individual. Well done!
          • Thak
            • Helping out with editing LORE content and also because I just really think that what you're doing with the Project Team in general is just so gosh-darn wonderific! *drools over the new special effects*
            • EdTheKet
              • For having put so much time and effort into the existing lore of Layonara, for helping to define the game world with words rather than art or code and for everything else it is that you do!
              [/list] Now, the second most important thanks go to two people in particular:
              • Leanthar
                • For creating this wonderful world for us all to enjoy, for spending his own cash out of his own pocket to fund the ongoing expansion of Layonara, for his dedication to building and maintaining an extremely high quality family-oriented community around this game world, for being a strong and admirable leader and for so many other reasons that I can't think of right now! Thanks L!    
                • orth
                  • For working so freaking tirelessly on maintaining the game world, for all those endless nights and 72 hour forrages into the winding complexity of Bioware programming madness, for aiding in the game world integration with LORE, for putting up with my sadistic sense of humour/personality, for many of the great features that are soon to be coming to LORE and for so much more. I'm proud to call orth my friend in real life. Thanks man, happy new year!
                  [/list] And finally the most important thanks of all go to all you wonderful people who are the community that we are all striving to build, maintain and grow! Without you folks all of our hard work and efforts would be one massive and pointless excercise in uselessness.  We do this all for you (and/or for our individual reasons) so make us all proud by being the good and honest people we need for a strong and long-lasting community base that can enjoy the world of Layonara for years to come!  Oh, and vote for heaven's sake... get your friends to vote, even family members should vote... heck get people that don't even use the internet to vote! ok well that last one's a bad suggestion but not my point... spread the word folks... spread the word... spread the word like it's a giant vat of neutella and all the internet is one ginormous sized slice of bread and everyone is craving that oh-so-creamy-chocolaty-goodness!  Final remarks:  Mark my words, Layonara will grow huge over 2006 and we all stand to benefit from keeping the peace and helping each other out. Every time I read a post where someone new is thanking other characters for the help they gave in-game... or is reporting an exploitable bug... or anything along those lines of selflessness... I cannot describe the humble sense of pride that wells up within me. All of which directly fuels my drive to push forward with some new and monumentally huge task. There have been a number of times people have said "what you want to do with that site is just not possible" and I've completely ignored their remarks along with my own reservations/fears and dove head first into the mess, rewriting huge amounts of core functionality to allow for the great things I want to see within LORE. Yes that's right. If you didn't get the hint, LORE is just a skeleton right now. There is so much that is coming down the proverbial development pipeline that it's just going to make everyone's head spin.  So, finally, thank you to everyone for everything as I appreciate it all.  Cheers and welcome to the NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Leanthar

RE: On LORE, giving thanks and other things...
                  « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 08:52:00 pm »
                  Well said OneST8. :)  And thank you.
                    You should be taking a bow as well.  LORE is your baby... and a great one at that.
                    Thank you to everybody who continues to work tirelessly and very long hours with a whole lot of dedication.
                    And to the community... You Rock! :)
                    Good job.

Variable

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 10:18:00 pm »
                  Great job to everyone on the project team and invovled in LORE!

It is truly amazing and everything make Layonara so much more unique than anything else!

Good job!

Ar7

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 04:24:00 am »
                  Congrats on the LORE project, we now know what OneST8 does here in Layo :)

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
                    • View Profile
                  « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 05:26:00 am »
                  Great job guys, LORE surely rocks!

Thank you! :)