The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: for all that know or dont!!!  (Read 652 times)

ystrday

Re: for all that know or dont!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 12:29:44 pm »
I haven't had kidney stones, but heard its like giving birth. Poor thing.. tell her we are thinking of her and wish her a speedy recovery with all this. And that we miss her.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 12:39:58 pm »
If giving birth is that bad, I'm glad I'm of the less fair gender!

(Har, I was thinking elves for wahtever reason, and wrote race to start. Then again, all elves are women anyhow. ;) )

Grid Blader

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 12:43:40 pm »
*sighs*  It is very painfull (First one at 16).  The stones build in size.  And yes it is a lot like giving birth.  (Passing a big object throw a small opening)  We all have the stones, but usualy pass them easily before they get to big, with out notice of passing them.  But sometime they build in mass and can not be passed easy.  The doctors do have options they can do, but that is painfull also.  They can take a lazzer and blow the stones in to smaller peices so they can be passed once again.  But can be risky, they have to put the person asleep and they dont want to do that becouse of the baby.  But I do feel for your wife.  Wish her the best from me, and a speedy recovery.

mumbles

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 01:09:27 pm »
thanks grid , acually just spoke to the missus ive only been up an hours see had to do 12 hour night shift last and im in again on a night shift again , but there is some good news at the end of the tunnel ...

the doctors have said she can come home , theve given her antibiotics a low opain killer i think (due she cant take much else being pregnant) and have told her to come home .

Not sure the full story yet just spoke for five minuets on the phone , guess il find out tomorrow morning after ive done my shift *seriously thinks of pulling a sicky*

Better not im sure thed know when i asked for time off holiday and they said its to short notice

ycleption

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 01:28:21 pm »
Hoping everything goes the best for you, Chamagne, and the baby.
Good to hear she'll be able to come home.

(You might want to check your employee manual, if you are actually consulting with medical people about her options and stuff that might be enough to qualify for medical leave and you can actually be honest about it...)

mumbles

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 01:35:10 pm »
i actually work for a big yankie company who dont really care for anyone or anything aslong as there share holders , get the turnover and profit at the end of the year  ... i did explain but what they said is that as im not the one in hospital and due to me and the missus not being married , and the lack of the short notice i couldnt take holiday .

Hellblazer

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 02:25:07 pm »
Yeah some companies are so strict on their policies that they tend to seem like arses.

I am happy to know that she is alright and that she will be able to be in the comfort of her own home.

Give her all our best wishes.

Honora

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 08:24:06 pm »
Quote from: ystrday
I haven't had kidney stones, but heard its like giving birth.

There ya go mumbles...just tell her it's practice!

Then run.

Glad to hear she's doing okay!

Cariad

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 11:06:12 am »
Thanks to you all for your kind words i am home now came back late last night ... they were telling me that i had very small stone also that i was possibly in premature labour. (which isnt good at 6 months) i am still in a bit of pain but with the help of my mother i am able to rest a bit (not that you can rest that easy with an 18 month boy running around the place into absoloutly every thing) Well Ian (mumbles) is helping me a lot as well when he is not sleeping because of work . hes cooking me a nice diner so that takes that job off me which is good .  We will both try and get on as soon as we can

see you all again soon hopefully (fingers crossed) and thank you all again

Chamagne / Amilia Tannnes

ystrday

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 11:14:08 am »
Take your time Honey, relax, let Ian spoil you. Just send us notes how you are doing. We will be here for you both, for moral support and laughter when needed. I am glad you are home, that in itself will help you greatly.

Take care of yourself and your family.

Love M

Hellblazer

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 11:30:32 am »
*points up* very much so. Take your time, and enjoy the days off of motherhood as much as you can :D

Chazzler

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 05:19:50 pm »
Yes indeed. Have rest and let's all hope that the stones pass out as painlessly as possible *smiles*

Cariad

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 03:02:29 pm »
Hi every one sorry for me not being around again i have just come out of hospital again i ended up back in on wednesday night with more abdominal pains.  they have given me steroid injections to boost the baby's lungs just in case i end up in premature labour.  i managed to persuade them to let me come home so that i can sit and relax at home because i was getting bored in the hospital and the food isnt that great either.  i will try and get on to see everyone soon but i cant promise anything just yet it all depends on how long i can sit at the computer for
any way i just thought i would let you know what was going on

chamagne / Amilia Tannnes

Hellblazer

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 03:08:07 pm »
Take care of yourself hun. We miss you but we understand that your health is a hole lot more important.

lonnarin

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 03:20:06 pm »
Glad to hear you're getting released.  Hospital food is a thing of evil.  Everything tastes like rubber and they give you such small portions it could hardly be called a snack.  Then when you ask for more they glare at you and let you sit there and starve on the bed for 8 hours, and the nurse steals your biscuit!

Then all the doctors keep telling you that Diet Rite is the healthiest soda on earth and they serve nothing else, but when you compare the sodium count with Coke Zero or Pepsi One or even Diet Dr Pepper, it's the worst culprit of all.  The Doctor's only claim Rite is best because the company made the bulk deal with the hospital!

The worst though is when they give you 10x the lab tests that your actually need just so they can piggyback lab fees and pillage your insurance.  I always wondered why they were taking a blood sample every half hour, then I read the long list on the bill where each and every one of them cost 80 bucks a pop.  Hospitals really are corrupt enough to think unduly torturing patients with needles is an acceptable means to increase their profits, bah.

As you can tell, I hate hospitals.  Get well soon!

Hellblazer

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 03:25:45 pm »
AAh so love to live in a country where I don't pay for the majority of my hospital bills. Even though we are having some problems with them now, but still.

Nice one Lonn.

Honora

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 04:43:11 pm »
As a mother who had a baby prematurely, here's hoping it does not happen to you.  You'll be in my thoughts.

Cariad

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 04:05:12 am »
thank you i hope im not 2 1/2 months premature as well but if the baby wants to come early whos gonna stop it lol