The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: NWN Cd-Key  (Read 255 times)

LordCove

NWN Cd-Key
« on: May 15, 2006, 11:53:14 am »
Hi,

Now this may be frowned upon, as I never really thought about it.

Layonara is great. Infact, I have a complaint. Its addictive, perhaps too addictive for some. A big round of applause for Leanther and the team. I hope you people realise what you have made.
I was determined to get a mate online to join me, and so I borrowed him my SOU and HotU Discs, as he already had the original.
Got his character approved and were ready to go.....you may know whats coming.

He cant play at the same time as me, as it states his CD key is already in use. ( As Im logged on with the same version)

Is there any patch or anything that could be done to alter his CDKey so that he can play too?
Or is that a big NONO and he needs to buy his own copy?

If so, he can buy it.
I must point out, I dont even play the Single Player version anymore. I mean, whats the point when Layonara is here.

Thanks

Anodynes

• Followers of Grannoch
    • View Profile
Re: NWN Cd-Key
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:01:09 pm »
You don't want your friend competing with you for your online game time... what I am saying is as long as your CD keys are in use anywhere on Gamespy network of NWN servers, noone else can use them. That protection has been in place since Gamespy hosted the connections.  

I will tell you this, since the diamond version of NWN came out, the platinum version (with NWN, SOU and HOTU) is pretty cheap on Ebay, etc.  I picked up a copy of this for my brother for $15 with shipping just recently.  Get your friend to buy the CD keys by buying a version of the game.  There are no cheats that will work for this. It really is pretty cheap and it is not worth trying to do a work around and possibly getting banned from or in trouble with the DM staff of Layonara.

LordCove

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 12:03:38 pm »
I got ya. Yep, he will be buying. No way Im chancing anything.

Thanks

Ayreon

• Druids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 12:26:41 pm »
I had to buy 3 copies of the game ....>.

stragen

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 07:46:49 pm »
I use two computers at home, so I bought two copies.

Deacon

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 10:33:02 pm »
Tell him to get the Diamond Edition, because one DVD is much easier to keep up with then 6 CD's.

Weeblie

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 10:55:59 pm »
But... You don't need the CDs to play if you have the CD version ("install and forget" :) ).

For the DVD one, you still need it, I think.

silverdraco

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 02:02:10 am »
stragen - 5/16/2006  4:46 AM

I use two computers at home, so I bought two copies.

I also play at 2 computers, but since I play on 1 pc at a time and not both at the same time I only bought 1 copy of NWN and the 2 expansions SoU & HotU.

I not going to buy any other copies anymore. Because NWN2 wil be comming soon. (I hope)
Even a friend of mine is waiting for NWN2 to come out. And he doesn't have the original stuff.
witch is to bad realy. would have liked to play Layonara together with him. that would have been great.

Perhapes we still can if NWN2 comes out soon. (Very soon I hope, can't wait for it to get released)

LordCove

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 06:12:00 am »
Oh yes, NWN 2. Depending on when it is released in the Uk, I will be camping outside stores to buy it. Will probably spend a day or two playing the single player, and then thats it, straight onto Layonara with it!

iceyfire

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 06:20:49 am »
Hardly thing layonara will be ready within a day or two *Grins* all the content needs to be built save the scripts and dialogue for the most part.
Also without the dm tools available on release that will push it back further.

darkstorme

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 06:27:55 am »
@Weeblie - NWN Diamond (or, at least, Platinum) does not require disk-in-drive to play anything other than the original campaign.  Found that out only recently.

Mind you, you can always mount a disc image.

Stone-Dragon

• View Profile
    RE: NWN Cd-Key
    « Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 06:54:30 am »
    As far as i know there is no real way of doing this unless you wanted to go dodgy (never good)

But i think you would only need to buy the Hordes expansion as that has a key of its own, you wouldn't need to buy any other.

Though i might be wrong.