The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Original Neverwinter Nights  (Read 243 times)

Cassius

• View Profile
    Original Neverwinter Nights
    « on: May 14, 2006, 07:23:59 am »
    Thought you folks might get a kick out of this... the original Neverwinter Nights game by AOL and SSI back in the golden (box) age of AD&D gaming :)

http://www.bladekeep.com/nwn/

Enjoy!

Leanthar

Re: Original Neverwinter Nights
    « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 07:53:07 am »
    Heh. I remember playing that. It was definetly cool in its time--and still is cool.

darkwulf365

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 08:21:35 am »
    Awwwww...I remember this, saw it in PC Gamer, or maybe it was Computer Gaming Monthly.  It blew my mind and I rushed out to grab as many gold box games as I could (actually more like begging Mom to have 20 dollars for a beat up box with 3 low density floppys, a half torn decoder wheel, and one missing manual).  I recall not understanding what this whole "internet" thing was, as I was still surfing all the BBS's in the city playing Legend of the Red Dragon, on an ancient (but reliable) Hayes 2400 baud modem.

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 08:54:51 am »
    Legend of the Red Dragon! :) I remember that as well. Cool game.

Nyralotep

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 09:18:08 am »
    I've actually got the gold box collection of the SSI games.  I played them back in the day and occasionally now as well.  They were very good for that time!

Thunder Pants

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 04:17:26 am »
    i loved the 3 Dragonlance games, well at least the first 2, the Third one Dark Queen of Krynn was released with a bug which made a mandatory section of the game unbeatable (IE something akin to a person you needed to talk to not being in the game) and so i put them down and am still to this day upset that i could not beat Dark Queen of Krynn

Belecthor

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 06:03:54 am »
      Awesome! I too remember the Trilogy of Dragonlance. Champions of Krynn´s the game that got me started, after Pn´P ofcourse. Those were the days... Fighting Lord Soth, the Dark Queen, the Kua-Toas and dragons in the mystic lands of Krynn. My paladin, Sir Lancelot who later became a fallen paladin thou, really gave me lots and lots of hours of fun and adventure *lol*. One had to roll ones character. Thoose were the days indeed! I remember playin it on my great Amiga 2000. That my friends, was a powerfull tool of enjoyment.

Aaah memories, sweet memories...

Leanthar

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 06:05:49 am »
      @Belecthor... Sir Lancelot? No way. :) I think we played together a few times, at least I played a few times with a character that had that name. heh.  Did you ever play Yserbius on the Imagination Network?

Belecthor

• View Profile
        « Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 06:24:40 am »
        Leanthar - 5/16/2006  3:05 PM

Did you ever play Yserbius on the Imagination Network?

Hehe... That would´ve been something mate. But nei, I didn´t play any online gaming at that time. Only me and my Amiga *lol* in the solitary of my own quarters... Unfortunatly, I see now that I missed out. Big time!