The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: ox merchant  (Read 247 times)

scifibarbie

ox merchant
« on: April 15, 2008, 06:20:31 pm »
Just a question...

Is it possible to buy a bug for an ox?

I see them in the pen with the oxen and thought it would be so cute to have a bug with a nice pack on its back being led by a dwarf. :D

vgn

Re: ox merchant
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:59:51 pm »
Oh how I've longed to get Vin a beetle as an ox.....

That merchant just taunts you with them though. :mad:

Acacea

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 07:43:26 pm »
It was being worked on at one point, I believe.

Prunilla's Lucky Clovers managed to befriend a few of the vermin plaguing the herb gardens and found them quite useful for carrying food instead of destroying it...alas, the idea caught on and an opportunistic few merchants have accidentally crushed experimental pack beetles with heavy loads. I would expect them to not be sold until the issue is resolved. *nods convincingly.*

Pen N Popper

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 08:52:47 pm »
An excerpt from an issue of The Dragon's Whisper

[INDENT]A long running joke of stablehands was, "What do you get when you cross an Aragen librarian and an oxen? A pack bore!" Oddly enough, this bit of humor was either the seed for an idea or a bit of subterfuge to cover some research.

In the oppressive climate of these dark ages, a trio of researchers took it upon themselves to aid the people. Oxen are a luxury of brighter days. The animals that thrive now are far less picky as to what they eat: Wild game animals and grotesque insects. These three sought to harness this change.

Though the specifics have been lost, the rumors suggest that it was a ranger, a wizard, and a druid that joined together and began gentle tests of the various creatures of the land. It took many failures and difficult days to come up with workable alternatives to the oxen. (It has been suggested that there was a fourth member of this troupe, a bard, that was eaten by an early attempt at taming badgers.) In the end, the three struck upon two workable beasts of burden: The common boar and a non-aggressive beetle.

The Dragon's Whisper has exclusively learned that this group of entrepreneurial individuals are about to reap the fruits of their labour and is in negotiations with ox merchants to sell these pack beasts.
[/INDENT]

anything