The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Oxes. How many should Layonarans be allowed?  (Read 496 times)

superdoofus

Oxes. How many should Layonarans be allowed?
« on: January 24, 2010, 10:14:41 am »
I found this a big question.  When you think about almost all buisness being done in a quick manner is based on oxes.  So should contractors and any layonaran be allowed more than 1.  Maybe this could be a base for good buisness.  The layonaran economy is strong and can we make it stronger.  I ask that of ye merry men!

Leanthar

Re: Oxes. How many should Layonarans be allowed?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:22:45 pm »
My 2 cents is that if we had game systems in place that allowed and expanded businesses, cycled items out of the economy via coded systems (for instance), other than basically just RP then yes, more than one would be acceptable. But in reality they would only be used for hauling craft items for a fairly small community (things considered).

Don't get me wrong, I hear and understand what you are thinking, but we just don't have enough coded "business systems" in place to encourage and in fact remove said 'items' or the influx of gold and crafting results/raw materials this would cause to flood the market. In a perfect world, or the medieval world, then yes, I would agree...right now though, it would not be a good idea for the player base as a whole.

darkstorme

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 05:27:42 pm »
I would also like to point out that pathfinding with ONE ox can result in unanticipated enemy NPC attention if there's server lag or the pathfinding algorithm decides to go in a strange direction.  Multiple oxen....

Also, what Leanthar said.  *grins*

superdoofus

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:58:30 pm »
Case closed!