The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Party forming in Fort Vehl...  (Read 720 times)

Nehetsrev

Party forming in Fort Vehl...
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:37:04 pm »
For lower level characters in the 8-16 level range preferably, a party is preparing to set out from Fort Vehl to the Dragon Isles.  Estimated departure time is in about 15-30 minutes from this post.

The following users thanked this post: Pen N Popper

Nehetsrev

Re: Party forming in Fort Vehl...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:16 pm »
Prior planning prevents poor performance, or so the five P's go.  Despite the lack of a 'Bee in our bonnet of adventurers, I'd like to thank Calley, Stephen, Stilletto, and Katar for showing up to make the trip to the Dragon Isles a fun one.

I'll post again about planning another trip in the next day or two, perhaps to some other exotic locale.  So, watch this thread for updates from "Jetta's Journeys & Guide Service."

Nehetsrev

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:44:00 am »
The intrepid enterprenuer, Jetta Ravenlock, again prepares to set sail for distant shores and far off lands.  This time she advertises a trip from the ports of Leringard to Raven's Watch and beyond in the far north of Krashin.  She intends to acquire for herself a load of sapphires, gods willing.  And she won't mind prying the gold from the cold stiff fingers of dead goblins and kobolds either.  Those needing alexandrite are welcome to any they may stumble across while traveling with the black-haired beauty.

//Hoping to get this trip going around 8:00am - 9:00am Central time this morning.  The turn-out of adventurous individuals in addition to Jetta herself will determine how far the party goes, and what foes they face.  It is suggested that those wishing to accompany bring flint and plenty of tinder.  Cold weather gear may also be a good idea.  Meet at the Leringard docks.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 06:58:30 am »
((Thanks for taking the initiative! *clover bonk*

Guardian 452

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:44 am »
// id love to get in on this. But I'll be hauling my oldest to school.

ty for setting up these trips!

G-452

Nehetsrev

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 12:16:01 pm »
//A thank you to Deacon & Raelyn for accompanying Jetta on her Krashin trip this morning.  Stay tuned for information about the next trip with Jetta's Journeys & Guide Service (which will likely be tomorrow around the same time as was today's).

Nehetsrev

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 06:48:39 am »
Haven is abuzz with rumors of another crazy adventurer making preparations to head into the cursed mines.  To any who ask around a bit more, it will become quickly aparent from the shouting of a boy hired as a crier, and the fliers he occassionally passes out to those who can read, that none other than Jetta Ravenlock is the one behind the rumors.  The fliers state:

Jetta's Journeys & Guide Service

For those with brave heart, curious mind, and not enough sense to know better a trip down into the depths of the famed and cursed, Gnoll-filled Haven Mines is being organized.

The purpose of the trip is to help Jetta acquire iron ore from the mines.  Any who accompany and aid Jetta in this task are welcome to take a share of the other ores and minerals found in the mine if they like.  Trues acquired during the trip will be divided evenly among the group.  Those wishing a share in the iron will be given the opportunity to trade their share of Trues for some of the iron, otherwise Jetta prefers to keep all the iron for herself.

As secondary objectives, a general culling of the Gnoll population and their current leader for the purpose of safeguarding the Haven area and as a means of training exercise is expected dependant upon how many others show for this trip.

//The gathering period for adventurers to sign on for the trip begins in Haven from 8:30am til 9:00am Central time (that's about 2.5-3 hours from the time of this post).  The party will enter the mines as promptly as possible at 9:00am.  It is advised to bring plenty of healing kits, healing potions, mining picks, and/or gem chisels.  Wielders of the Al'Noth in any of it's forms will need to keep in mind that once within the mines resting will not be possible, so spells should be used sparingly.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 12:57:24 pm »
//The trip to the Haven Mines was a success.  Thank you to Honeybee, Breana, Robin, Foresta, and Tod for showing up and helping out, and for sharing in a good time.  Look for another of Jetta's Journeys tomorrow, same time as today's.//

mixafix

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 12:01:33 pm »
Here's to the Bard,
 And after many a mile,
 He went down and hard,
 Here's to songster Lyle,

His song did deaders hurt,
 A precious shield was his sound,
 Lyle's strand lost to an icy cut
 that strand to Ice now it's Bound

Here's to the Bard,
 An icy bolt took him straight,
 He served and starr'd,
 Here's to a songster mate.

Another ripping yarn completed in good company, the not so bard like Foresta pens a few lines.

//These are good rp and fun events for any who can make them.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 02:50:46 pm »
//My apologies to those who expected another of Jetta's Journey's this morning.  I got sidetracked taking my other character, Lyle Underroot, on the trip to the Frozen Marches with Foresta, Griff, Unther, and Elohanna.  That trip didn't go so well for Lyle, as the poem/song above by Foresta indicates.  He died twice and lost a soul strand on the second death.  Ouch.  Still had fun though, and that's what it's all about.