The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Pawn shops  (Read 618 times)

Olme

Pawn shops
« on: November 26, 2015, 09:32:12 am »
So ...it's about 8 real life hours after a server reset. All the pawn shops (above the level of small  town) are out of money. The number of active players on the server is relatively small. The opportunities for unloading unneeded goods (either crafted or drops) are very limited. It comes down to either pawning or (possibly)  trading for credit with a (the) guild.So people hoard their goods until a reset, then its a  mad dash to the  big city pawn shop...it might be a RL month until the next server reset and a chance to clear your inventory.Possible solutions:1) more, regularly scheduled server resets.and/or2)  make the pawn shops 'equal' ...no differentation in  payment rates between large/medium/small.and/or3) increase funding at the shops.I really don't like having to keep an inventory of goods  hanging around until I might unload them. IK would prefer to sell what I can't use right away.  That is usually not possible the way things are now.Thank you all    

Charm2009

Not necessarily a pawn shop
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:58:02 am »

Not necessarily a pawn shop issue, but I do agree with a more frequent server reset. My newest character has been going to a place were she should be getting cold, she didnt experience it until after the reset.

Dorganath

It may not be what it seems
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:46:44 am »

It may not be what it seems in this case.

Some time ago, we instituted a change to the pawn shops whereby the ones that were in typical "low-level" areas, primarily those which were considered starting areas (or nearby to starting areas) would not have a conversation with anyone over a certain level. This was done because of the description you gave above...that people would make a mad dash rush to the pawn shops in places like Port Hempstead, cash in all their high-value loot and rapidly deplete the shops. The problem with this behavior was that it really hurt the players of low-level characters, who did not have the ability (and in some cases, the knowledge/experience) to travel to places that were farther away to use the pawn shops. As Charm said, it's not exactly an issue with the pawn shops but rather very much a player behavior.

Getting back to this specific instance, I would actually be really surprised, given our current server population and the day/time in which I reset the server, that the Port Hempstead pawn shop was depleted, though it naturally is possible. My guess is it refused to talk to you because of your character's level. It would be worthwhile to try a few of the more far-flung pawn shops, some of which are easily accessed via portal and/or ship.

Olme

Yes, you are correct..there
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 11:56:37 am »

Yes, you are correct..there is more to this. ( PM sent)

I did not go to Port Hempstead as I am well aware of its restrictions.

I had in fact done  as you suggested and travelled to many more remote pawn shops. 

The first 8 all would talk to me ..but had no money.

At the 9th I had success and was able to transact my business.

anything