The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Penance. 'Tis the season.  (Read 132 times)

miltonyorkcastle

Penance. 'Tis the season.
« on: December 20, 2009, 06:02:37 pm »
For those of you who showed up to either of my two last scheduled quests only to find a missing GM, I apologize. I could offer a few excuses, some you might consider legitimate, but what's the point. I put on the calendar that I'd be there, and I wasn't. Straight up, my bad.

In an effort of penance and in hopes to be saved by the Christmas spirit, I'm offering up a three day run of standalone quests, starting Christmas day.

The Giver.
The Artist.
The Mercenary.

So, for those of you like myself who will be celebrating Christmas (or whatever you call your day of giving) on a different day than the traditional December 25th, or if you just figure your family won't kill you for playing Layo on Christmas, or maybe because your whole family will be playing Layo together on Christmas, come join one of Layo's well known miscreants for some Layo-Style Holiday Cheer. Cozy up with your egg-nog, hot chocolate, and wassail in front of the monitor's warm glow.

I'll see you there.

Ravemore

Re: Pennance. 'Tis the season.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 07:14:47 pm »
Just curious... Are there any alignment issues that make these quests not doable for those of us who are evil/evil leaning neutrals? :)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 09:56:30 pm »
Shouldn't be, in the sense that one can always choose the side of villainy or heroism or something in between. Does this mean there may be in-party conflict of a more serious nature? Possibly. Will this potentially "ruin" the quest(s)? Not in my mind, but I can't speak for others.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 01:18:17 am »
Since they're coming up, bumpity-bump.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 01:18:32 am »
Sorry, my alarm went off, but I was just too wrecked to get up for this one. Hopefully I will be there for the next one.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 09:07:39 pm »
Just want to say thanks!!! to all those that turned out and put up with the huge parties. :D

We still have one or two more installments of "The Artist." However, I won't be available much this weekend or next, which means I'd either need to try for another weekday or wait a few weeks. Let me know what days are good for you guys that are involved.

If we end up having to wait a few weeks, I'll make sure we have a nice recap of what went down the first time so people remember what's going on.

darkstorme

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 04:49:51 pm »
// Minor point, but "Penance" ;)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 02:22:41 am »
Huh. Odd thing is, I distinctly recall looking that word up in the dictionary before making the post, yet somehow I still managed to mispell it.

RollinsCat

Re: Penance. 'Tis the season.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:52:37 am »
Throwing this out there in case anyone else has the same problem - can't make The Artist on Sat. 16th due to real life commitments.  hate to miss it - if there are others whose SOs have dangled priorities in front of their faces, maybe we can request a date change?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 11:30:29 am »
If not Saturday, what time is good for folks? I can't do this coming Sunday, but I could possibly do Monday. Otherwise it'll have to be next weekend.

RollinsCat

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 11:55:41 am »
Happy to wait another week to have a chance to finish it, myself.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 01:11:34 pm »
Turns out I need to leave town briefly this saturday anyway. Bumped one week.