The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: player kills  (Read 80 times)

Kwangjnim

• View Profile
    player kills
    « on: May 18, 2005, 09:29:00 pm »
    The past couple of days while playing. I attempted to do a "knock down" and in all the confusion, I killed two players... If they accepted my appologies will I get banned if it happens again, since they were not intentional. Or will I have to stop using this feat (Which is exceptional for my Character).

Thunder Pants

RE: player kills
    « Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:39:00 pm »
    me thinks you need to be a lot more careful with your use of the knockdown feat, it's the same with mages that throw fireballs or any other AoE you have to be careful not to kill party members

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 09:47:00 pm »
    We do not condomn/tolerate this type of thing.  Mistakes happen though...just make sure you have learned from those mistakes.

muaddib

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 07:51:00 am »
    cool i like that you dont tolerat PKin cause im usually not that good as other players so i always get killed
    im goin love playin this game

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 10:19:00 am »
    Is there any way to change the scripting on the targeting system so you cannot target an active combat feat on a party member?

Because, even if you are carefull, throw in a little bit of lag, and even if it appears that you clicked on the correct target on your screen, you may end up hitting the wrong one...

This is especially difficult for me (using called shot or some of the AA abilities) since I am not near my target generally, and it is not obvoius which target (if it is a target rich envioronment) my arrows are going to.  And often the server message window is going so fast there no chance of being able to read it.

The worst thing is, if i mistarget it on a party member, I tend to continue to attack that party member untill I select a new target.

Anyway, we can keep doing it like we have been, but if its possible to somehow change this, it would be really nice.  (like the way the targeting cursor only lights up on yourself when casting a target:caster spell.)

HooD!uM

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 12:22:00 pm »
    yes i had the same problem, i was targeting a giant, and as i pressed one of my fellows name poped up, luckly i managed to stop my shifters raging minotaur form before she smashed him :)

Kwangjnim

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 11:20:00 pm »
      well they both accepted my appologies and i no longer use that feat (knock down) so this should elminate that problem. but i wish they'd fix it so i could.... its such a nice thing.

OneST8

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 11:28:00 pm »
      All you really need to do is use the feat more creatively in battle. Don't just plow in with it when other players are around and instead think tactfully, perhaps drawing enemies away from the group and knocking them to bits on their own just outside the main melee.

Anyways, just a thought.

anything