The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Playtime  (Read 598 times)

Chongo

Playtime
« on: September 16, 2006, 10:50:12 pm »
Deep thoughts, with Chongo.  Part 1.

We all consider the implications of how much time we spend on this game, some of us in casual reference, some of us in full out internal battles.

So... what do you wish you'd be making of your life with the time otherwise spent on Neverwinter Nights?

I personally feel that if I took all the time here and spent it solely on banjo playing... I'd be playing on the bluegrass stations on XM or Sirius with some degree of national applause.  That said.. I've never tried playing the banjo, and I'm often overconfident with things I know nothing about.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
Re: Playtime
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 11:30:38 pm »
I should be working so i can pay my bills.. instead, i play layo.. Wooo ^_^

LynnJuniper

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 12:39:01 am »
I should be writing my "Novel" but nope, Im playing Layo!

Wraithdur

RE: Playtime
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 01:02:40 am »
i should be making the entire populace of this pitifull planet my personal slaves :)  
bow down to your new master!.............stupid flesh monkeys >:/

LordCove

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 02:36:04 am »
I'd have wrote two books by now and have Oasis as support for my band on tour.
*yeah right*

Likely Id be getting up to no good.

Ne'er

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 04:41:09 am »
Heh, with all the time I spent last summer playing Layo that I should have instead been training for track and cross country, we might have won the district spring track meet.

Ah, who am I kidding? I would've wasted the time some other way anyway. :P

Etinfall

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 11:57:43 am »
Think of what I could have acomplished if I were playing Layonara when I have been working. It baffles the mind.

crazedgoblin

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 12:09:23 pm »
LynnJuniper - 9/17/2006 8:39 AM I should be writing my "Novel" but nope, Im playing Layo!

same hehe

ZeroVega

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 12:26:09 pm »
Yeah, I should probably be training for and entering races but at the moment I'm sort of in the, "Oh, that would be a fun run to enter!" *The day of registration comes* "Maybe the next one, I don't feel ready yet," mode. Hmm... I could probably stand to spend some time being a teen. Hah! C'mon really... who needs to go to the movies more than twice a year anyway? Ice-cream parlors? Shoot, ice-cream comes from a carton. Bowling? Bowling is throwing a huge rubber ball at my little brother and knocking him over.

Ar7

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 12:35:27 pm »
I think it was Rhizome who said, atleast two years ago, that if all of us spent as much time learning/working/training then we would be perfect humans living in a perfect world.  :)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 03:59:11 pm »
If I spent my time meditating rather than playing Layo, I'd have ascended a few weeks back.

jrizz

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 04:08:56 pm »
I should be a yoga master by now..... if not for layo hehe

AeonBlues

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 04:21:36 pm »
I could have sat around doing nothing except eating a lot of bannans.  Ask any sane primate, and they'll tell ya, life doesn't get any better then that.

P.S Please do not explain to me that most primates do not infact eat bannans.

J-ser

• Followers of Shadon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 06:45:36 pm »
I could have learned spanish, or taken over the world, but I leveled Jser up three times over the summer.

Zelda1

• Followers of Folian S'pae
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 06:50:06 pm »
If I spent my time otherwise over the summer, I would be a pro skater by now. Although I did make many trips to Go Mart for razzles.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I could have been in a E40 video, but that was the weekend of the War, sooo.

hawklen

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 11:41:11 pm »
I could of had my gentoo system updated, and be learning more linux. but nope. layo.

deagle

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 11:59:09 pm »
I would have spent more time at work and would have my own branch by now and probably would have taken the tests to finish my MCSE.

Eh, I enjoy Layo...why let work spoil life.

cbnicholson

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 06:16:22 am »
I would have actually finished painting the trim on my house, had the window repaired in my bedroom, washed my dog a few more times (yeah you stinky), spent more time with the wife and kids, socialized a bit more with friends,  and actually performed some real labour at my job, but no, played Layo.  NO I don't have a problem.  ;)
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Wraithdur

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 12:13:14 pm »
just thought i'd mention a real situation:
i would probably be three belts higher in karate

Shadowblade225

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 01:12:59 pm »
Layonara (NWN) is bottom of the barrel on my priority list. It's leisure time fun.
  I'm a full time doctorate student working on various academic science-based projects. I'm also an avid bodybuilding enthusiast and compete typically once a year in local shows. So..ehm...ya not much time for a computer game.
  5:00am cardio, work for 10 hours, 2 hours strength training following work yeildsabout an hour a night tops I can devote to the game. (Except Wednesday evenings and weekends - I can devote more time).
  While I certainly don't wish to discourage game-play (as this is a truly wonderful PW), if it's a nice day outside (rare in Boston), chances are you won't find me logged on unless I'm committed to a quest.
  So in regards to the question: "what do you wish you'd be making of your life with the time otherwise spent on Neverwinter Nights?" the answer is I don't wish because I'm already making the most of it as it is.

anything