The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Low Lvl Event  (Read 68 times)

kyle9

• View Profile
    Low Lvl Event
    « on: June 18, 2005, 12:25:00 am »
    Hey all. Just joined. Played for a bit got my gear learned the layout of the town. And got smacked around abit. Really like what I have seen so far. Was wonderin if there are scheduled events for us new guys. It will let us find a crew that can advance together etc. I may have been unlucky but almost everyone I saw was Impossible to me. Which stands to reason, there is a certain stigma attached to bein lvl 1 hehhehe. So people want to get rid of it ASAP. So they won't be milling around town. Or if there are any brandy new players and wanna get a crew together give me a holler.

K

Etinfall

RE: Low Lvl Event
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 12:52:00 am »
    If you are lvl 1 people that are lvl 5 or so would be impossible. So you really souldn't use that as a guide. Start up a consversation instead, it goes alot further.

Etinfall

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 06:24:00 am »
    There's also some brand new GMs in the mix who just might want to get their feet wet by running some events for lower-level folks.  Stay-tuned.

cptoad

• Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 08:56:00 am »
    look on the player calender. Gloin will be running tours of milstone weekly. All i do is guide the party and blessing here and there.

G

ZeroVega

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 09:23:00 am »
    *raises hand*
        Until I get into a quest groove and start running scheduled quests, expect to see that Small Black Cat in Hlint come to life and start playing with you... or that drunk in the bar demand a drink from you. ;) Won't really be a quest, but it'll be something to do for us both.
      P.S. All levels will be allowed on my quests however you'll need to be careful... I'm going to make it a point to possess wizard/cleric NPCs that you'll be fighting and use the nastiest spells on you all so... Beware!

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
      • Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 09:34:00 am »
    Hi I'm just a player like you and not a high level player yet but, if you can find me in or around Hilt just ask me to show you around then we can party up and I'll help you as much as I can. My player name is Garnet Stonesmythhy.
    Zen

KageKeeper

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 10:00:00 am »
    Same goes for my character Luna.

She is very helpful and enjoys guiding new people in Hlint. It was not that long ago that she was new and all alone and she remembers well that feeling. Do not be afraid to say hi to a character. Just RP it. I will RP with anyone until they show me why I shouldn't, which thankfully has not happened yet.

Look me up in game. I will talk to you and if I am not already involved doing something she will help you out!

Luna Moonchaser

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
    i'm still pretty low level myself, but i have ALWAYS tried to help ANYone... never really asked their levels... when ever i can....

as for luna's remark... yeah... i remember being excluded and ignored... even now... but things are looking up!! hehhehheh   i know it seems hard to believe when you are doing repetious and annoying things to survive, but eventually, things do happen... sometimes... sort of.. hehhehheh

EdTheKet

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
    A view from the other side ;)
      Several (GMT) evenings the last week I was sitting with my wizard, Brac'ar Fireface, across from the neutral bindstone in Hlint (with the idea to get to know some of the new players). Most of the time, that worked very well, but not always.
      It happened to me a couple of times that, despite greeting several new arrivals to Hlint and trying to start up a conversation along the lines of "I have not seen you here before, new to town?" or "Everything allright?" when people respawned at the bindstone, he was ignored quite a couple of times.
      Now, Brac is lvl 17, but that shouldn't really matter if he asks you if you're new or if you're doing okay (after all, there isn't really a big sign with 'impossible' above his head, he's just a dwarf with a flamy staff).
      Right? ;)
      So, please don't be shy of talking to somebody who rates 'impossible' or think that he/she wouldn't want to talk to you. We've all been new to this server once and know what it's like :)

Dalbarhedi

• View Profile
      « Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 06:54:00 pm »
      ZeroVega - 6/18/2005  11:23 AM    *raises hand*
          Until I get into a quest groove and start running scheduled quests, expect to see that Small Black Cat in Hlint come to life and start playing with you... or that drunk in the bar demand a drink from you. ;) Won't really be a quest, but it'll be something to do for us both.
        P.S. All levels will be allowed on my quests however you'll need to be careful... I'm going to make it a point to possess wizard/cleric NPCs that you'll be fighting and use the nastiest spells on you all so... Beware!
       Hmm, so was it you then that was making the Undertaker drink like mad in the Wild Surge? He was drinking and dancing like crazy. I got a huge laugh out of it.

J-ser

• Followers of Shadon
        • View Profile
      « Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 08:15:00 pm »
      If you every see Jser around town I'm glad to RP and meet people, and he's 7th level so he can take any new players around.But he has an odd habit of getting DM's to notice him (20 some skeletons trying to kill his group, the ratman begging for mercy) so be prepared fo anything out here. and to the DM's that did that thanks.

Leanthar

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 08:36:00 pm »
      "...the ratman begging for mercy..."
        :)

Trip1888

• Followers of Lucinda
        • View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 09:30:00 pm »
      I remember back in the day when everyone was impossible to me.  *smiles and blinks stupidly*
      *face straightens*  Wait,  *glances sideways* that still happens...*trails off then sinks into a corner and cries*

anything