The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Possible new source of CNR (Semi-serious)  (Read 142 times)

Faldred

Re: Possible new source of CNR (Semi-serious)
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 04:37:47 am »
Stephen_Zuckerman - 7/24/2006  10:02 PM

What happens when you cast Stone to Flesh on, say, a lump of granite?

You'll get a lump-of-granite sized chuck of fleshy goop, I imagine.  Useful, if a tad messy, for eliminating a boulder blocking an escape path.  (Cast StF and hack away.)

Or, for the more tactically-minded, good for removing/weakening one or more key support stones in a bridge, wall, or tower.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 05:12:40 am »
You guys are making me hungry... Thank god i'm on my lunch break now, though. :)

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 05:36:26 am »
Just hope another more powerful mage dont dispel your spell after you ate the Bricks.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 05:44:50 am »
Well.. Ina PNP setting flesh to stone and Vice a versa has it very handy Food preserving effects.. Cook some meat stone it and Poof... you got food for like ever.. Better than the Cleric's purify food and drink spells and you can make a killing selling stone meat to other mages that travle far and beyond if they can carry the extra weight or some one to carry it.

darkstorme

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 07:38:45 am »
@Force_Of_Will - you can't dispel StF or FtS - only the counterspell will work.

And as it happens, there's a character on Layo whose backstory specifies that they were petrified 400 years prior to present and were restored by a passing mage.

Faldred

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 07:43:18 am »
Force_of_Will_ - 7/25/2006  8:36 AM

Just hope another more powerful mage dont dispel your spell after you ate the Bricks.

I've heard of passing a stone, but... ouch!

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 10:28:15 am »
Actually, PnP... Flesh to Stone then a miniaturizing spell, and blamo. Counterspell the micro, counterspell the FtS, a little Burning Hands action and you're good to go.

Diamondedge

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 12:13:10 pm »
Actually, my DM allowed turning solid granite into hunks of meat. It was a wonderful way to beat a dragon. Our two wizards cast a series of stone-to-flesh spells, and the DM ruled that the rules would be like stone-to-mud spells. The dragon was sleeping, and was awoken by a big pile of meat. It began eating happily, and then we turned the ground to mud beneath it, then turned the mud to stone. Warriors hacked away, dragon died, we got bonus XP for tactics, and plunder beyond our wildest dreams. :)

anything