The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: poster placed in Haven  (Read 345 times)

jan

poster placed in Haven
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:04:11 am »
To those responsible :

If i catch you killing the cows and chickens in my home-town , I'll personally bring you to trial and ask for the highest possible sentence .

You are killing off means that supply food and milk to the community and i see that as a murder attempt .

If i catch you and you fight being brought to justice , then i will use force .

Barion Firesteed .

// for some time now , someone is killing off the animals .
// not sure if that is to make feeding 1 easier , but its annoying and against the rules .
// please stop killing them .( that also goes for killing off 1 cow to make feeding for milk easier ).

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler

Eight-Bit

Re: poster placed in Haven
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:09:55 pm »
If you really only want to feed one animal a well placed sleep spell will put the buggers to sleep. Also if you're a high level mage (17+, 18 for Sorc) Dominate Monster will work to get one away from the herd.

darkstorme

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 01:18:09 pm »
Or, if you're a Ranger or a Druid, you can coax one animal away from the herd.  :)

Though, myself, I find there's some artistry in carefully luring one animal away the mundane way (with food!)

cbnicholson

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 01:34:42 pm »
Hehe..I'll second what Darkstorme said, patience and the right bait will do the trick.  Last I heard those chickens were killers anyway.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Frances

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 02:11:58 pm »
Just to be fair, it could be the deer.

More than once, I've seen the deer from Lake... Allun(?) follow someone running south, and the cows take up arms (er, hooves) in defense of the town.  Alas, they are often not as capable warriors as the deer (I think it's the size of their horns/antlers).  This is especially true if someone has lured one of the cows farther north to make feeding her (only) easier.

The character being followed may not even notice the blood-thirsty deer on their trail, especially if they can move quickly through the transitions.

scifibarbie

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 02:29:48 am »
if you have seen the chickens fight..you know for a fact that they are nasty buggers and have taken down more deer protecting their eggs...

They have even taken down an adventurer or two who figured the chickens would be well...chicken. :o

Yes the cows dont know how to fight...but then...they really arent bulls..and if you want to milk a bull...well. Good luck with that! ;)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 09:50:11 am »
Quote from: scifibarbie
if you have seen the chickens fight..you know for a fact that they are nasty buggers and have taken down more deer protecting their eggs...

They have even taken down an adventurer or two who figured the chickens would be well...chicken. :o

Yes the cows dont know how to fight...but then...they really arent bulls..and if you want to milk a bull...well. Good luck with that! ;)

Milk a bull, make a friend!