The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: PSA: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Raffle  (Read 643 times)

Acacea

PSA: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Raffle
« on: March 28, 2017, 05:42:11 pm »

New Torment-related PSA! If anyone thought "meh" to the spiritual successor because too well did they love the original, GOG is taking pre-orders for PS: Torment's Enhanced Edition, and doing another raffle with the vault. This raffle is a liiiittle bit more gimmicky in methodology, needing a name and email and then get more entries for following, visiting, etc, but it's pretty cool that GOG is helping out our vault. This is, in case you were wondering, why I keep linking these :P

The original vault, nwvault.ign.com, went down a long time ago with no warning to users, ending access and hosting to years of custom content the NWN community had made (including tons of things Layo uses and some made by Layo people!). The new community vault had been quietly migrating in the meantime... after the IGN site went down it became the home of all our stuff. Now with the Bioware forums gone, it's also where the most people go for NWN-related information (especially as it also hosts archives of the first Bioware forums and numerous content creation tutorials). So getting occasional GOG-bumps is pretty cool, and what's good for NWN is good for the surviving PWs ;) Hello, again... I thought about, you know, not mentioning it... because there'd be fewer entries *cough* but GOG has given the Vault 10 pre-order keys for Tides of Numenera (the spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment, for those that haven't been watching) to raffle. If you're interested in winning a free copy (including - I think - GOG's bonus of Lords of Xulima), you have only to post the reason for your interest in this thread, eg a favorite memory of PS:T or whatever. Entries are chosen at random though, so don't go composing an essay. Unless you want. You've got a week.

>>>I am the link to magical raffle treasure<<<

Chuckles_McChuck

I already pledged into it
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 07:51:20 am »

I already pledged into it long ago, almost forgot about it actually.

Acacea

New Torment-related PSA! If
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 05:39:00 pm »

New Torment-related PSA! If anyone thought "meh" to the spiritual successor because too well did they love the original, GOG is taking pre-orders for PS: Torment's Enhanced Edition, and doing another raffle with the vault. This raffle is a liiiittle bit more gimmicky in methodology, needing a name and email and then get more entries for following, visiting, etc, but it's pretty cool that GOG is helping out our vault. This is, in case you were wondering, why I keep linking these :P

The original vault, nwvault.ign.com, went down a long time ago with no warning to users, ending access and hosting to years of custom content the NWN community had made (including tons of things Layo uses and some made by Layo people!). The new community vault had been quietly migrating in the meantime... after the IGN site went down it became the home of all our stuff. Now with the Bioware forums gone, it's also where the most people go for NWN-related information (especially as it also hosts archives of the first Bioware forums and numerous content creation tutorials). So getting occasional GOG-bumps is pretty cool, and what's good for NWN is good for the surviving PWs ;)

Acacea

There is also a trailer for
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 11:25:37 pm »

There is also a trailer for the Enhanced Edition if one should be interested! Essentially a lot of bug fixes, remastered soundtrack, a 4k interface, "modern" features like tab-highlighting and mouse zoom. EE features are also able to be turned off if desired... for whatever reason ;)

>>Raffle is here<<