The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Gaining Animal Empathy  (Read 53 times)

egoober

Gaining Animal Empathy
« on: April 23, 2006, 09:19:54 am »
A question directed mainly at the GM team, but also in the interest of debate :)
  In general terms:
  Should it be possible, and if so how, for a Paladin of Aeridin to gain access to Animal Empathy? If it is, would/could this include access to the Mass version recently deployed?

In specific terms:
  My own character Elladan is such a Paladin. He feels a strong affinity for nature, and has always be played as such (even before his relationship with Bris!). He has travelled to the Great Oak twice now, including Rhizome's raising to Hierophant/the Silver Veign planting; and journied to the Tol'finor lands.
  He is frequently frustrated by being unable to pass some animals peacefully  
  For the last 4 months (RL) he has been attempting to learn to speak with animals, much to the amusement of some of those he travelled with. Points have been spent on raising his INT to allow for the additional language slot, and once his journal is ut to date, a request for an Animal Ear will be submitted.
  Would/should he be able to gain the ability? Is it even possible under game mechanics without taking Druid,Ranger, or Katian cleric levels?
  Personally, I would think that it makes sense. At least from a RP perspective, but would expect a CDQ or similar to be a requirment. Others may not agree
  Comments?

Pibemanden

Re: Gaining Animal Empathy
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 10:00:22 am »
I would say no. Not beacuse I think it would be strange for a paladin of Aeridin to have that ability, but rather because of the consequenses of letting you get it. If this is granted people would start asking for all kinds of feats and abilities that isn't meant for their class so there would be a huge debate about what is fair and what is not. So for a pw this would be a very bad thing but if this where a pnp game I would see nothing wrong in allowing you to gain that skill.

anything