The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question about CDQ's  (Read 294 times)

Chuckles_McChuck

Question about CDQ's
« on: April 24, 2005, 06:00:00 pm »
With the new system, how long does one have to wait to request another CDQ after the previous one is done?

Kethryc

• Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
RE: Question about CDQ's
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 06:44:00 pm »
Enough to let everyone to get a plate, then you can come back for seconds!.  J/K :)

freemen2

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:14:00 am »
Jeez, a gal meets a deity and all she wants is more :p

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
:P, lol, whats your point :P.  Just asking cause I still have many little CDQ ideas and I'm wondering what would be an appropriate time to send them out to a DM after previous ones are done.

Vyris

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 12:08:00 pm »
I would think that it is never too soon to start the planning stage, the DM you choose will let you know where things fall into thier schedule of events, and you can both come up with something that makes sense.

Just what I would assume.
Vyris

Pankoki

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 12:21:00 pm »
The waiting period is 1 CDQs per 2 months. That meaning 1 CDQ shot can last a couple of sessions. So even if you request only one it doesn't mean that you only get one scheduled session but as long as that series of "events" is running then you are good.
  However when the DM dictates that that series of events is over you will have to wait the two month period to apply again. And that means that it can be at any stopping point even if you did not achieve your ultimate goal.
  Example:
  Johnny wants to become the best chef in lower mistone.
  The DM schedules the event. He has 4 objectives to defeat in his head for Johnny to become the best chef.
  Johnny is told of objective number one (or he finds out, whatever). He spends 3 sessions doing objective number 1 and finally he is succesful.
  Johnny is still not the best chef in lower mistone, however for this 2 month period no more quests will be run for Johnny to reach that objective since the DM deemed appropriate to end it there.
  In addition to this there is a maximum on sessions that a player can have during that 2 month period, that max sessions, well hehe that part I haven't thought about but I'll generally just ask the DM whats up and why are they running so many for that one player and so on. Sorta of a one on one basis.
  So I hope that answers your question.

ZeroVega

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 07:47:00 pm »
  Does that count for ECDQs aswell? Like suppose I'm level twenty and I have submitted my ECDQ request and they say it may take a month so I decide that my character needs to get sorta a kick start towards his ECDQ, so I do a CDQ. Would I then have to wait two more months for the ECDQ or no?

Tobias

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 06:42:00 pm »
*bump* I like to know the answer to that myself..  :)

EdTheKet

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 12:07:00 am »
I would think so.

RouterBlade

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 12:29:00 am »
question:
can i do a CDQ with say bruenor then do another CDQ with a totally different character?
i probally know the answer to this but im just curious

IDii

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 04:18:00 am »
It's 2 months for the player, not character. So you can't first have a CDQ with Bob the fighter and then another with Rob the rogue in a week. Gotta wait for 2 months.

Just because the team would rather not get too swamped with CDQs. As much fun as they are, we need to be able to run other stuff too.

RouterBlade

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 05:33:00 pm »
thx