The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question about tobacco  (Read 92 times)

Question about tobacco
« on: November 13, 2005, 04:43:00 pm »
 How is tobacco prepared for use . . . and please don't use the cop-out line about "RPing the question." I understand that this is a RP intensive game/site/world, but . . . there are limits, y'know
    My PC has purchased the herbal bag and has the tobacco press; I even managed some longbottom leaf. But I don't know what to expect as a end result, nor do I as a player know how to operate the equipment. A Player and a PC are 2 entirely different entities, what a PC should know as a matter of fact in a medieval style world of fantasy and adventure, and what I know as a RL person in a Technological world are 2 very different things. Items like the oven, refrigerator, the electric light the bread machine, telephone and the combustion engine would make individual in a medieval world look upon one who uses such things as a powerful wizard or warlock. Like Arthur Clarke said, "the difference (and I am paraphrasing here) between magic and science is technology.
    Sorry . . . . RPing is good and all, but for basic questions about game mechanics, to RP it out, a little bit too much I think.

Acacea

RE: Question about tobacco
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 05:08:00 pm »
orth - 5/5/2005  5:16 PM  Currently Implemented:

• Pick Pipeweed anywhere you spot some
    • Buy a Leaf Press and Herb Pouch from the General Merchant
    • Place Unprepared pipeweed in Leaf Press, then Use a Flint and Steel upon the box to warm it's drying embers
    • In a short while up to 10 Unprepared Pipeweeds will be ready for smoking.  The Leaf Press will continue to dry every short while until there is no more Unprepared pipeweed inside it
    • Get a pipe crafted from a Carpenter or buy one from the General Merchant
    • Use Smokable pipeweed on pipe to fill it up
    • Use pipe to bask in the tangy aromas of Green Dragon's Envy
 As my character doesn't smoke so I wouldn't know, I hope that's right and helps.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 12:57:00 am »
I think you could RP having the person who sold you the equipment teaching you, or if you're more patient, post in the Wild Surge and ask for someone to teach you in game. :)

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 09:56:00 am »
As most Dwarf's smoke, just ask a Dwarf IG. (in game) If you see Garnet around ask him he will be happy to teach ya.

Bryantiza

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 10:09:00 am »
    *sighs and chokes* so many smokers around these days.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 10:52:00 am »
    heh.  a little fiesty there, Thunder?  for future reference, I'd wager 95% of the mechanics, both custom and original, are broken down for you somewhere around here (the forums) and the handbooks that came with the game.  just ask for a link to the post where it's located.  

We're always looking for another excuse to roleplay, and learning mechanics can be one way.  if you choose not to, the information is around to be found and there's no need to give a huge explanation as to why you don't think someone needs to roleplay it or not.  the things we don't like spread around OOC are the locations (other than what the maps offer) of in-game places, creatures, and CNR objects.  half the fun of the world is trying to figure out what and where and learning from those who are experienced (or think they're experienced  ;) )

anything