The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question about weapons  (Read 55 times)

Stockholm

• View Profile
    Question about weapons
    « on: October 08, 2007, 08:26:53 am »
    I have found out that there are weapons now in game that have special properties than can be bought. I know that weapons that are special custom made here in Layo like the Mercurial longsword and dragonslayersword doesn't work with the normal feats like weapon spez for longsword and so on.

Since my character is an weapon  master its quite important that his feats and weapon of choice work with this weapon. The Scimithar i intend to buy is quite expencive so i don't wanna waste all the gold on it just to find out none of the feats and my weapon of choice are working with it.

happy for answers :rolleyes:

Dorganath

Re: Question about weapons
    « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 09:14:59 am »
    I don't know about the Dragonslayer sword (I thought it was a standard weapon type with added properties), but the Mercurial weapons don't work with weapon specialization feats because they're not of the same base item type.

I'm not sure what scimitar you're looking to buy, but I don't think we have any scimitars, other than the double-bladed scimitar, that would be incompatible with standard weapon feats.

Check here: [lore]Custom Weapons[/lore]

Eorendil

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:16:34 am »
    So long as it is not one of the weapons listed in the following link or a variation of one of those it should work just fine with weapon affecting feats.  LORE: Custom Weapons

Frelinder

• Followers of Xeen
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 09:43:10 am »
    Thanks for the answers. It is not listed in lore so then I gues it will work then :)

// Boon Loom

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 01:36:24 pm »
    If it's the scimitar I think it is, it'll work, yeah.

osxmallard

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 02:28:07 pm »
    it will work since it's base item type is scimitar.

R/ osx

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 02:23:47 am »
    Dragonslayer Sword is just a Longsword with + a few d6 vs. Dragons, immunity to KD, aaand... I think that's all, apart from a +2 enhancement.

Mercurial Longsword, as has been said, is one of the custom items that does not currently work with the weapon feats, such as Weapon Focus, Weapon of Choice, Weapon Finesse, and others (including the Duelist-only Precise Strike). Also in this list are the light pick, heavy pick, maul, katar, and a few other cool weapons.

Any scimitar, however, should work. A falchion will not, but a scimitar will.

Drizzlin

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 01:34:11 pm »
    Quote from: Stephen_Zuckerman
    Dragonslayer Sword is just a Longsword with + a few d6 vs. Dragons, immunity to KD, aaand... I think that's all, apart from a +2 enhancement.

Mercurial Longsword, as has been said, is one of the custom items that does not currently work with the weapon feats, such as Weapon Focus, Weapon of Choice, Weapon Finesse, and others (including the Duelist-only Precise Strike). Also in this list are the light pick, heavy pick, maul, katar, and a few other cool weapons.

Any scimitar, however, should work. A falchion will not, but a scimitar will.

+1 on he Dragonslayer

Falonthas

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 01:50:23 pm »
    except for the dual scimitar

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 02:12:32 pm »
    You mean the two-bladed scimitar?

Yeah, that's another custom weapon.

But the normal scimitar isn't.

anything