The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Rangers and True Strike  (Read 1888 times)

Script Wrecked

Rangers and True Strike
« on: August 22, 2019, 03:55:54 am »
Rangers can cast True Strike as a first level spell.

Rangers cannot use Scrolls of True Strike, Gems of True Strike, and (I'm presuming) Wands of True Strike.

It seems True Strike was added to the Rangers list of first level spells as a Layonara modification.

Is this "as intended" or an oversight (viz, should I stop working towards Naldin making a Wand of True Strike)?

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler, davidhoff, willhoff

orth

Re: Rangers and True Strike
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 10:39:40 am »
Sounds like an oversight. I will make sure the items are useable ASAP.

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, Script Wrecked, davidhoff, willhoff

davidhoff

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 01:25:59 pm »
There might be some other ranger spells with the same issue.  I cant recall which but i remember Gumbo having issues with other gems n scrolls.  Just sayn while your fixn.  Stoneskin might be one and maybe ultravision.

The following users thanked this post: orth

swoop

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 01:35:20 pm »
I think stone skin might be one, also rangers get a different version of barkskin (woodland sheath), would be nice if they could use barkskin scrolls too.

edit: also Q has some find traps scroll that I think he can't use, but might have been in his inventory before the previous ranger scroll use fix
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 01:37:36 pm by swoop »

orth

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 05:53:44 pm »
Fixed in next update.

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, Script Wrecked, davidhoff, willhoff

anything