The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Reminder about Chests  (Read 435 times)

Serissa

Reminder about Chests
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:08:27 am »
Placeable containers such as chests and pantries must be opened and closed carefully. If one sticks open and the server resets, all items within will be lost!

If you should open a chest in any store and be unable to close it, please notify the owner at once.

The following users thanked this post: Guardian 452, tom bombadill, Jilseponie Wyndon, RollinsCat, Iconoclastic, Aphel

Guardian 452

Re: Reminder about Chests
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:29:48 pm »
I have 2 chests stuck open now at Saddlebag pawn.... didn't hear about either just saw them myself. :(

Iconoclastic

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:36:27 pm »
Can bookcases and similar containers that don't visibly change when 'opened' get stuck 'open' like this?  If they can, how do we tell they are?

Guardian 452

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 06:21:32 pm »
I would guess that yes they can, and you'd have no way of knowing aside from one trick.

When you open a closed chest, bookcase, anything it makes a sound (turn up your volume and listen). If a chest is stuck open we can see its stuck open but I am pretty sure it no longer makes the chest opening sound when you access it... the same goes for bookcases etc. So.... if you were to access a bookcase etc. and no sound happens... it would be "stuck open".

EDIT because of not knowing visually I would recommend storing valuable items in chests only. Not bookcases

anything