The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Reminder About Player Etiquette  (Read 327 times)

twidget658

Reminder About Player Etiquette
« on: February 17, 2008, 01:17:07 pm »
[SIZE=16]I have recently run across a couple of examples that warrants reminder about player etiquette. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16]If you are involved in an impromptu quest, please do not send tells to all your friends having them to report to a location. If the GM wants other people or the rest of the server informed, you will probably see a shout like *anyone that is outside sees a bright light reflecting off the clouds in the direction of Hlint*.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16]Another example, please do not run past people in a CNR area to gather the CNR before the first party gets to it. The best way to handle it is through RP. Stop and ask the original party if they are on their way out or in. You may be able to join, or just come back later. RP is the key. If you are confronted IC'ly about running in front of people, using a Wizard's Tome of Teleportation usually will send the matter to OOC tells; especially if there is no RP to justify your actions.[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16] [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]Examples listed below are not acceptable:[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]- I saw a really huge level gap and cause one can't party with more than seven levels of distance I figured you were just RP-ing.[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]- I can't play with a good friend cause they're more than seven above me.[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]- The room I went into needs a thief to open. I thought you were a cleric?[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]- I don't talk often.[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]- People start spamming listen checks as I'm usually disguised so it isn't much fun.[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]- Everyone mostly knows I'm (insert evil deity here) from the forum, so if I speak to them then I get frustrated.[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16] [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]There are real life players playing these PCs, please have consideration for everyone.[/SIZE]

Harlas Ravelkione

Re: Reminder About Player Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:11:38 pm »
Good post, Twidget.

Falonthas

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 04:53:26 pm »
Quote from: twidget658

- Everyone mostly knows I'm (insert evil deity here) from the forum, so if I speak to them then I get frustrated.
 [/FONT][/SIZE]

one thing about this one

if your char is in disguise, and all your disguises have black color predominant ,and all have either skull staffs or emblems of skulls all over dont be surprised if people say you look like a corathite.

just a generalization but one that has come up recently many times, not aimed at anyone in particular

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:35:28 pm »
Also, one big MAJOR one that irks me to no end.

When somebody offers to let you use their portal or come into their home, do NOT immediately start running around the place opening their chests and rifling through their stuff!!!  No matter what the PVP rules are, people who do this should EXPECT to be axed to death on sight the very moment they start putting their grubby little hands on everything.  "Just Looking" is no excuse!

I would think this would be common sense and all, but seriously, a good 1/3 of the people I let use one of my portals, they start running around opening everything!  Seriously, what would you do if you invited somebody inside for tea and immediately they sprinted off upstairs mid conversation and started pilfering your underwear drawer, let alone the place where you store all your personal wealth?

Fatherchaos

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:07:48 pm »
Wow, I have never seen the later bit of characters sprinting off to examine all your chests. I can understand if asked and approved for an OOC moment, but I would venture to say any character doing that and visible doing so ICly is likely to feel like a piece of garlic at an Italian restaurant: all chopped up :)

Nehetsrev

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 12:32:00 am »
On that note...I RP Emwonk as a greedy, curious little bugger, but when he enters a place, I don't actually open chests/etc. , I just emote that he does so.

anything