The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Reminiscing  (Read 1984 times)

Reminiscing
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:55:55 pm »
As I wait for my new character to get approved, I thought i'd go and have a look around with one of my oldies.

Going through Hlint reminds me of sitting on the benches, waiting for someone to pop up and throw an adventure my way.  They were good days!  

I also remember having discussions with people about 'Sin' and those epic quests that were always on way to late for me, but I still attended a few.

I remember having the talk about the weave at the back of Hlint, not with a NPC but with a PC, that was pretty cool.

I hope that there are more memories to be made... !

What memories do you have of the old days?

The following users thanked this post: Spike

Dorax Windsmith

Re: Reminiscing
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:03:41 pm »
Listening to Ozy tell stories.....for hours....and hours...heh.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 11:43:01 pm »
Running head long in to a horde of gnolls so large the DM spawning them crashed.  ;)

mumbles

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 05:38:32 am »
My first mining trip to firesteep with Gloin and surving , the Rp was great all that tension . (and being so nervous )

Or deafeating two of bloods generals (and thinking this lag is so crazy you can hardly move as there were so many people online for it, but still managing to survive somehow)

Cant for the life of me remember who the Pc was , But also in hlint at the benches a druid who loved to wander around the bank and benches as a cat purring away

So many great moments to mention , cant wait for many more

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 12:42:08 pm »
I remember that cat-druid as well, my old timer mage used to feed some sliced cooked meat to the cat, heh.

mumbles

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 01:03:31 pm »
Who was that Druid anyone remember his/her name ?

cbnicholson

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 01:34:46 pm »
Her, I think.  I remember the druid you speak of, but I cannot recall her name either.

My fondest memory is a large group of low levels going after the oil of Vukas when Hlint was still the active center.  Rping with fellow Rofireinites and Toranites as well a good mix of halflings and half giants. hehe.  Tyrian  stands out during that session for some reason.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Guardian 452

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:54:14 pm »
Old "Red Cap" outings. Rushing in to save Plen from being killed by Fisteron. Figured id get "feared" but risked it to save Plens life.... didnt get feared, healed Plen. We won the battle.

LordCove

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 04:21:08 pm »
Hlint.
Balor attacks.
Dark elf invasions.
Haunted trashcans.
Underground chasms.
Goblin sieges.

Hlint had it all. It was like a box of chocolates....

mumbles

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 06:52:29 pm »
Haven mines being haunted LOL

Polak76

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 08:14:50 pm »
My most memorable days were basically sitting with Chanda & Marcus plotting how we're going to destroy the world..for hours and hours.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 08:45:44 pm »
Quote from: mumbles
Haven mines being haunted LOL
Oh, they're still haunted.  By a shaggy haired old man with a huge sword.

The Gnolls are terrified.

Polak76

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 09:29:17 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
Oh, they're still haunted.  By a shaggy haired old man with a huge sword.

The Gnolls are terrified.

Funnily enough you mentioning the Haven mines makes me think of my first character...many,many years ago.  I made a Dark Elf Sorcerer and role played her terribly as i didn't expect everyone else to be so good at it.  I also remember Dezza's chick at the time who I can't remember the name of.  He role played her to a tea and I stuck around while she mined iron.

Once I got the gist of the world i quickly erased her and made Ramanon.

Guardian 452

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 07:51:32 am »
"Dead ox alley" in Haven Mines...  ya gotta be real old skool to remember that one!

Guardian 452

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 07:55:43 am »
The old platinum mine on Mistone. Could kill from 2 to like 8 malar panthers (nwn malars not the layo uber panthers of rediculousness) there (depending on your level) it had rust monsters. Seeing dwarves like Gotak leaving Hlint in all leather armor and a staff on his shoulder.... hmm... someone is going Plat mining! Lol

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 11:56:43 am »
lol  I don't think  was here for that.

mumbles

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 12:25:54 pm »
i remember Gotak lol , only had a couple fo chance to meet him before he permied out ...

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 12:58:34 pm »
Some of my fondest memories of Layonara are Brisbane sitting around the lake with Plenarius, Rhizome, Enzo and Ozy telling stories to the new folks and then setting out to show them the world.

Polak76

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 01:33:26 am »
Quote from: IceDragonDuvessa
Some of my fondest memories of Layonara are Brisbane sitting around the lake with Plenarius, Rhizome, Enzo and Ozy telling stories to the new folks and then setting out to show them the world.

God...now my memory is failing me.  I remember an old stomping ground was west out of Fort Hope into the mountains taking on those giants.  Never forget the time Rhizome was there and due to some GM intervention we had masses of creatures attacking us.  He shifted into an elemental and I thought..."WOW"!
We all dropped off like flies and I'm pretty sure I felt the soul mothers embrace.  He was the last man standing.

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 03:51:46 am »
You know I remember the trip but I don't remember the name of the mountains. I think they may have changed the name since as I don't see it on the map. Man I feel out of touch all the sudden :)

anything