The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Notice for rampant typos  (Read 385 times)

lonnarin

Notice for rampant typos
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:07:57 am »
Aye, its that time again.  This time I managed to saw off about 1/3 of my primary hand's forefinger's fingerprint while practicing carpentry.  (the mouse clicker finger!)  So aye, the other 2/3 of it was full of splinters.  But I managed to cleanse it with alcohol and then tape it mostly back together with a bandaid.  It now sits into place without flopping off and the pain is now an overwhealming numbness.  While I can type, its accuracy is rather dubious at this point. :P

On the plus side, the FBI knows me slightly less now.

The following users thanked this post: Stephen_Zuckerman

Pseudonym

Re: Notice for rampant typos
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 04:12:01 am »
I don't think the fingerprint confusion will stall them for long ... removing your most wanted poster from the FBI headquarters should be the priority.

PS. Hope you're better soon!

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:18:48 am »
I have a pretty decent Con score, I figure.  If I saw most parts off to the point where the majority of people would seek surgery, I need only paste them together haphazardly with bandaids and neosporin and they grow back in ample enough time.  And tonight I still, with the pain of bejeebus in my hands, typed fast enough for multiple people to accuse me of being "faster than others, not with facts, but with ample rhetoric".  And we all know rhetoric takes at least an epic typing speed!

And the best part is all, is that when I type, I do so "raptor-style", with almost exclusively using my forefinger, middle finger and thumb. :D

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:31:15 am »
Don't worry, Acacea is still the fastest typer there is IG :)

Alatriel

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 02:11:35 am »
Quote from: lonnarin
 It now sits into place without flopping off

Ok... so, while I hope that you get better soon, I must say...

EWWW!

Still... it could be worse.  Ask my husband about his encounter with a katana the week of our wedding....

~E

Eight-Bit

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 10:59:06 am »
Can we get pictures? :D

Link092

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 11:08:36 am »
Oi! You must be related! Everyone In our family (the guys mostly...) has  had a intimate encounter with a saw..... course I upgraded past the saw and got my hand cut by a drilling press... real fun. :)

waballou

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 06:59:26 pm »
Mine got 3/4 cut off from a folding chair. It was stupid

Link092

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 07:13:05 pm »
Holy carp! How did you manage that?

waballou

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 08:51:54 pm »
I was sitting on it, and I put my fingers below the chair.  Then I leaned back a little on it and it closed on my fingers.  For some reason the little folding piece that pinched me was like razor sharp.  

Stupidest designed thing ever!  They had to take all of them out of the building after that lol

Link092

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 11:37:58 pm »
*begins to eye all of the folding chairs around the house, then shudders*

waballou

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 12:34:45 am »
haha no kidding.  I couldn't bring myself to sit on one again for a really really long time.  Some months later I was forced to:p