The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Resigning as GM  (Read 1333 times)

Harlas Ravelkione

Resigning as GM
« on: May 31, 2011, 04:40:17 am »
It is time for me to hand my GM batch to another.

The plot is nearing its end and the remaining parts are in very capable hands. ;)

So, after more years than I care to count I am resigning from my position as GM in Layonara's amazing Team of GMs.

Before I move on to being 'just' a player I have one thing I would like to ask all you players out there:

At times on quests where you feel wronged or feel that the outcome was not fair, please try to remember why the GMs are here. They are here to make this world around your characters a living and breathing entity that provides you with entertainment and fun. That is the basic idea.

So, instead of taking the fight to the GM and/or the Team, try to consider whether the incident in question is one that your character might deal with in an IC fashion - perhaps that was the intent of the GM in the first place.

Like you, GMs are people and people will walk away if you rattle them enough. After all, they are not acting GMs for their own sake, but for the sake of others.

This was not based on a recent episode or a current situation in game. Please consider this a plea that you might consider in the future. I have seen it happen too many times over the years and it simply burns people out, which ends up making this place less colourful and alive.

Finally, I wish you all the very best of luck and hope that many of you will continue to contribute to this magical place that is Layonara. For me the time has come to move on, although I will probably be around with Kobal now and then.

Kind regards,

Harlas

Pseudonym

Re: Resigning as GM
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 04:54:00 am »
Thanks for your contribution over the years big fella - much appreciated.

Filatus

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 09:30:59 am »
Layo is losing a great GM, but is getting a great player in return. :)

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:54:26 am »
Thanks for all the hard work over the years.  I look forward to getting some player to player time in though.

Ravemore

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 10:26:57 am »
Now you have time to make an evil character... ;) Thanks for everything!

Script Wrecked

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:10:25 pm »
Once you've been a DM, evil as a character just doesn't cut it. *cough* ;)

Thank you Harlas for all the unseen hours you've put in. Hope you had as much fun as we did.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

davidhoff

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 03:09:12 pm »
Thanks Harlas, you quests were always dangerous, exciting, well planned and fun; not necessarily in that order.  Hope to see your characters in game more often...will be fun.

willhoff

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 04:30:07 pm »
Thank you Harlas for your many contributions to Layonara.  You've enriched my experience here over and over again as both a GM and a player and I hope you continue to do so as a player.

Tanman

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 02:29:27 am »
Thank you Harlas for putting in your efforts in as a DM and as a player. I learnt a thing or two from you. Hoping to see you around more often as a player.

s0ulz

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 02:51:11 am »
You're the man Harlas, you deserve some time off after all your hard work.

Besides, it's not like Dezza has enough to do anyway...

LynnJuniper

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 02:55:28 am »
Bahhh, I always thought you were one of Layo's best ;). I may not play here anymore, but I wish you the best, and all.

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 05:15:45 am »
Always enjoyed your quests. You really had great stories for your quests and they always were very well prepared.

Varka

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 02:26:37 pm »
*Salutes to one hell of a guy*  As a friends and as a kinsman..

Like LynnJuniper said and - some of us still hangs around and reads the story of Layo ;)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 02:41:49 pm »
Woah, Varka... talk about a blast from the past...

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 03:16:17 pm »
Varka!!!  I miss you man.

anything